Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

This is a discussion on Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #17
Pro
 
RonMexico1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
This is something I was hoping someone could clarify. If you can set an opponents tactics in CM with a second controller that is huge. Would allow you to just set up tactics as you go and not for each team before you start.
Here ya go, & @DirtyCobra as well.



I will note, this was very early into my time editing teams for CM. I've now just finished a 60+ game season with Villa & Arsenal and I would say if I was going to edit Atleti right now for that same match with all the variables included (by variables i mean, teams play different depending on who the are playing, so a smaller team against a big club is going to be ultra defensive tactics but a smaller vs smaller team it will be more of open tactics)

Build Up
Speed 50-60
Passing 60-65

Chance Creation
Passing 70 Risky
Crossing 70
Shooting 70

Defence leave the same

but like I said with the variables, I was Real Madrid. If I was Malaga, I would have Atleti's pressure up to 60. Agression probably to 50. And build up passing down a little bit, probably to 55. The variables make the career mode so much more enjoyable and adds longevity. Because in a league, season 2 season you will play the same team several times in the course of 5 years lets say, but their form, your form, their position in the table, your position in the table should effect how you tinker with their tactics without straying to far from game to game.

All you do is press start, go to settings, pick sides, then go to team management with the 2nd controller, click tactics, custom tactics, edit.
__________________
Past matches & highlights https://www.twitch.tv/r0n_twitch/videos/all

Streaming Career on twitch

Tactics & Other Stuff ---> Youtube
RonMexico1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #18
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Here ya go, & @DirtyCobra as well.



I will note, this was very early into my time editing teams for CM. I've now just finished a 60+ game season with Villa & Arsenal and I would say if I was going to edit Atleti right now for that same match with all the variables included (by variables i mean, teams play different depending on who the are playing, so a smaller team against a big club is going to be ultra defensive tactics but a smaller vs smaller team it will be more of open tactics)

Build Up
Speed 50-60
Passing 60-65

Chance Creation
Passing 70 Risky
Crossing 70
Shooting 70

Defence leave the same

but like I said with the variables, I was Real Madrid. If I was Malaga, I would have Atleti's pressure up to 60. Agression probably to 50. And build up passing down a little bit, probably to 55. The variables make the career mode so much more enjoyable and adds longevity. Because in a league, season 2 season you will play the same team several times in the course of 5 years lets say, but their form, your form, their position in the table, your position in the table should effect how you tinker with their tactics without straying to far from game to game.

All you do is press start, go to settings, pick sides, then go to team management with the 2nd controller, click tactics, custom tactics, edit.
Appreciated, thank you. Will try this out tonight.
DirtyCobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back
 
KG's Arena
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,131
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Game could really use some basic and responsive tactic choices. I'm so used to PES having things set up to where it's possession/counter, short/long pass, high/low press, wide/middle attack, etc. FIFA default tactics are a bland and useless, and the d-pad tactics are meh. I just end up playing the same style with practically every team.


Yeah I wish FIFA would get rid of the numeric values and just have qualitative values.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Twitter & Instagram - kgx2thez
KG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #20
Pro
 
RonMexico1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I wish FIFA would get rid of the numeric values and just have qualitative values.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do feel the more I edit tactics in FIFA, and maybe go a little more extreme 80+ in some categories and different numbers in other areas, I'm getting a wide variety of styles.

but PES tactics are so much easier.
__________________
Past matches & highlights https://www.twitch.tv/r0n_twitch/videos/all

Streaming Career on twitch

Tactics & Other Stuff ---> Youtube
RonMexico1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #21
BAM!
 
RoyceDa59's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario / Charlotte
Posts: 3,446
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
I do feel the more I edit tactics in FIFA, and maybe go a little more extreme 80+ in some categories and different numbers in other areas, I'm getting a wide variety of styles.

but PES tactics are so much easier.
I agree it seems like extreme values might be the way to get some variety.

RoyceDa59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #22
The Banter Era
 
Krebstar's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,497
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Extremes are definitely the way to go as usual in FIFA.
Krebstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #23
Pro
 
RonMexico1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

for opposition teams that like to sit deeper and play more long balls try this. Really fun game last night as arsenal vs a smaller team in pre season cup.

build up 85 passing (long), 75 speed (fast)

and 45 passing on creation

pressure deep 30
width 35 normal
agression 45-60 depending on team

Should see little to no ticky tacky and long ball mixture throughout the game.
__________________
Past matches & highlights https://www.twitch.tv/r0n_twitch/videos/all

Streaming Career on twitch

Tactics & Other Stuff ---> Youtube
RonMexico1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #24
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Fifa 17 Formations and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
for opposition teams that like to sit deeper and play more long balls try this. Really fun game last night as arsenal vs a smaller team in pre season cup.

build up 85 passing (long), 75 speed (fast)

and 45 passing on creation

pressure deep 30
width 35 normal
agression 45-60 depending on team

Should see little to no ticky tacky and long ball mixture throughout the game.

I am going to try this with LC...
DirtyCobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Top -