Home

Every game is 0-0 if you're on top

This is a discussion on Every game is 0-0 if you're on top within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 04:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Every game is 0-0 if you're on top

The biggest thing I notice when playing with my friends is they complain the wingers never run into the box when attacking. Every position on the pitch can be fully customized to play how you like. Find the settings that work for you and get the players that fit your systems.

Work rate is a much bigger influence than people realize. You can't have a bunch of attacking players that don't want to get into attacking positions off the ball. Otherwise you'll never get past the defense unless you make great 1 on 1 plays.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #18
Rookie

It's the same every year. Your CM season seems to broken up into sections. I always find the first 7/8 games to be tight affairs with 0-0, 1-0, 2-1 scorlines, for and against. Then you ahve a period where the flood gates open for your strikers and you can have a lot 4-0, 3-0, 5-1 type games, then there is aways a dip in results in the second half of the season where you struggle to score and lose a couple. Note at the start of the season the games may be tight but you can still win most without defeat, but in the sticky patch I always lose a couple and maybe go 3/4 games without a win. Then towards the end of the season it gets 'easier again'. This kind of pattern happens to me every season i start a CM. You don't necessarily lose more (though i always seem to lose a couple in row and a similar point in the season), just the AI is harder to beat at certain times of the season.
This means in say the EPL you can have tough matches at the start agaist Hull, Boro, Sunderland, Watford etc in first few games, yet hammer Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs when the 'flood gates open'.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #19
Rookie

^
I don't want to start the scripted games theories but it is indeed a little odd that we've both found exactly the same thoughts. It's exactly what I thought to experience in FIFA 16 as well. Are we both that inconsistent or what? I don't get it.

Anyways I edited the strategy to match Liverpools strategy with Arsenal and it's a lot better, but still some notes:

- The hardest match so far was in EFL cup against a championship side. Just superb defending and masterclass timing on tackles, positioning along with world class goalkeeper made it difficult. I chose to allow myself use rematch ability in EFL games to learn better how to play with Arsenal.

- Özil is still very poor to play with, I got no idea what his strength is supposed to be, because he's so clumsy.

- Many players seem to have bad ball control.

- AI gets away with so much. The ref really steals penalties from me. I thought in Fifa the refs work 100% accurate

- How do you take the ball if AI is protecting the ball.

- 99% of my attacking plays end because MY player makes a mistake I simply cannot control. For example they lose a very simple regular pass, they just don't catch it

Last edited by NinthFall; 10-25-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
Banned

i think good and bad runs tend to really come in waves like this because of form, but not necessarily in this order.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #21
Rookie

I don't mind the AI teams going through periods of playing better or worse with stat boosts or whatever in derby games, cup finals etc (you just play better to win) or with stat penalties if in 'poor form'. I do however resent my own players suddenly becoming lack lustre for no reason, or the AI keepers being gods for a few games (one offs are fine and realistic) or the woodwork attracting balls like flys to the proverbial.
No problem with individual players loosing form, thats why there is a form rating and you can replace them, but when your whole team plays like a pub team then thats just......
If you are say a 7 out of 10 player why should you suddenly play like a 4/10 player just because the AI says so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #22
Banned

i don't really know if the problem is the game inserting handicaps just for the sake of it. imo, at least most of the time, this is ourselves getting in or out of our "zone", losing/recovering our mojo. we're humans, this happens all the time, but it's much more comfortable to put the blame on the game instead of accepting the responsibility for inconsistencies in our own performance.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristolbob
I don't mind the AI teams going through periods of playing better or worse with stat boosts or whatever in derby games, cup finals etc (you just play better to win) or with stat penalties if in 'poor form'. I do however resent my own players suddenly becoming lack lustre for no reason, or the AI keepers being gods for a few games (one offs are fine and realistic) or the woodwork attracting balls like flys to the proverbial.
No problem with individual players loosing form, thats why there is a form rating and you can replace them, but when your whole team plays like a pub team then thats just......
If you are say a 7 out of 10 player why should you suddenly play like a 4/10 player just because the AI says so.
This is exactly what I've wanted to say. I want to take on any high difficulty, but I also want my players to perform according to their form. Right now I just sometimes find myself in situations where I don't think I can trust the next pass I'm making´. There are those moments when your players aren't very reliable. It's odd and more than that frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
i don't really know if the problem is the game inserting handicaps just for the sake of it. imo, at least most of the time, this is ourselves getting in or out of our "zone", losing/recovering our mojo. we're humans, this happens all the time, but it's much more comfortable to put the blame on the game instead of accepting the responsibility for inconsistencies in our own performance.
Yes, you're right. Most often the fault is in ourselves, but I think there are times when it at least feels and looks like the players aren't really performing. I wonder what's causing that. We can change 3 players a game, but it doesn't help too much if the entire team is unreliable.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

I had the same problem with only being the team scoring the least in the league and conceding the least after over 10 games.

I found these sliders online and changed to them:

Shot Error: 45/45
GK Ability: 43/43
Marking: 45/45
Line Height: 55/55
First Touch Error: 48/48

Works good for me for having more goals both ways

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »