Home

Adaptive Difficulty

This is a discussion on Adaptive Difficulty within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Adaptive Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
I tried playing HUT offline on world class matches and even though I have worse team than I have in my career mode, it felt so much easier. And when facing lower rated teams, they actually felt like they were worse.

Now I've had an experiment in my career mode, started a new career on Arsenal and the very first game versus Liverpool, I can't manage to change the result to a multi-goal game. It's always a tie or a one goal game. I start seeing lots of post hits and on 2 occasions when I've been leading Liverpool gets a corner at the dying minutes and scores. I've restarted the game now for at least 10 times and I just can't change the outcome. I don't mind starting my career as it ends, but I want to restart and test it until I manage to change the result. It's also odd how Liverpool always make the same changes, everytime I restart. Milner always comes in after first half.
For EA every game has to be a drama. Most of the times you can not be clearly superior or inferior to CPU. Things balance no matter what you do.

And, I have to say that the difficulty level doesn't change anything. Today I played at Professional and unfortunately my players still decide to ignore the ball in the most incredible situations. No difficulty level related, no sliders related... If I will not find a way to fight this script I will strongly consider stop playing.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #50
MVP

WC default sliders

Lallana (Liverpool) vs Irvine (Burton).

Lallana is closest to the ball
Lallana has better acceleration and speed (etc) stats
Irvine is injured

Irvine gets to the ball first!...

Coutinho is running full speed
Bellerin stops in front of him

Coutinho tries to pass to the right, still running full speed, but Bellerin breaks the laws of physics and wins the ball...
Old 11-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #51
Banned

"breaks the laws of physics"?

you practically gave him a pass, man.

honestly, i see too much conspirative moaning about devs devilishly adding hidden codes just to piss off the players, like scripting/handicapping in h2h matches, and scripting always in favour of the cpu in offline. this is something i see in every board about any sports game every year.

some things just incidentally happen into the realm of the physics engine, whether they're congruent with reality or how "it should be" or not. it sounds foolish to keep blaming devs from "stealing" you. imagine how intricate and difficult it would be to insert this kind of thing into the game, and for what? just to piss off costumers?

people hate to lose video-game matches, it seems. it's just like real football, it's always the referee's fault...

Last edited by Gonira; 11-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #52
Banned

anyway, just to not discredit you totally, ricardo, it's possible that one of the ways ea makes higher difficulties harder is giving some kind of speed/acceleration boost to cpu, which i believe is what you were trying to show here. it can be, i'm not sure though. their reactions definitely get sharper and this might be interpreted as "more speed", which even if this is the only thing influencing this perception, is not a very wrong assumption (they react faster, afterall).

i was calling you though for making alarming videos/posts about pretty much nothing. the first was a difficult pass to receive that wasn't received. the third was you handling the ball to the opposition. the second is the only one which imo could be argued about, but even then i don't think it's something blatant/broken/a steal.

anyway, sorry for being harsh. you're a nice lad despite being a moaner =p
Old 11-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #53
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
WC default sliders

Lallana (Liverpool) vs Irvine (Burton).

Lallana is closest to the ball
Lallana has better acceleration and speed (etc) stats
Irvine is injured

Irvine gets to the ball first!...

Coutinho is running full speed
Bellerin stops in front of him

Coutinho tries to pass to the right, still running full speed, but Bellerin breaks the laws of physics and wins the ball...
I don't see anything wrong with these 2 sequences.

The 1st one just looks like a pass that was too far out in front of Llalana.

The 2nd one just looks like you dribbled into Bellerin's path. Looks more of a flick of the right-stick than a pass.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #54
Rookie

Today I begun a career mode with Liverpool and the first match against Arsenal was so easy I scored 2 goals before 15 minutes had passed by. The game overall just felt easy, on world class difficulty. However, after I had finished the game I noticed Coutinho was injured for 3 months. I didn't want to start the career like that.

So, I begun a new career mode with Liverpool and the first match against Arsenal is a hell of a lot more difficult, though I still use world class. Arsenal firstly playes extremely tight defensive game, parking the bus since the first minute of the match. The game feels completely different second time around and I have no doubt that there's something affecting the gameplay.

I feel like there are some sort of "paths" affecting the AI gameplay depending on how your players have played, their form, etc. If you've for example won the pre-season cup and your players are in great form, then the first match will be much more difficult because the AI will have prepared for the match knowing your form.

It's of course realistic, but it's also adaptive difficulty. And while at times adaptive difficulty is realistic, it also at times gets unrealistic, as spoken often before - lower tier teams should not perform like Barca, etc.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #55
MVP

The only way Bellerin could stop Coutinho was by a tackle or blocking him. It's not humanly possible to a static body to change direction and catch a player running at full speed that quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
anyway, just to not discredit you totally, ricardo, it's possible that one of the ways ea makes higher difficulties harder is giving some kind of speed/acceleration boost to cpu, which i believe is what you were trying to show here. it can be, i'm not sure though. their reactions definitely get sharper and this might be interpreted as "more speed", which even if this is the only thing influencing this perception, is not a very wrong assumption (they react faster, afterall).
Correct. That's what I am trying to show. In my opinion, it's obvious that CPU has a speed/acceleration boost. That's what I will try to "correct".

Quote:
anyway, sorry for being harsh. you're a nice lad despite being a moaner =p
Don't worry. I am done moaning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I don't see anything wrong with these 2 sequences.
Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthFall
It's of course realistic, but it's also adaptive difficulty. And while at times adaptive difficulty is realistic, it also at times gets unrealistic, as spoken often before - lower tier teams should not perform like Barca, etc.
True. Lower tier teams can beat higher ones, but not by playing like Barça, but by playing like Leicester, Iceland, etc...

Cheers!

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-07-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 01:21 AM   #56
Rookie

TeriyAkin's Arena

OVR: 1

Beat Bayern with Hoffenheim 6-1 on Legendary.

I guess the CPU was mad and embarrassed or something because ever since that game they decided to unleash their inner Super Saiyan and increase their power levels to over 9000.

Could be wrong in my assessment but thanks to this thread, I think I know who's behind this dastardly plot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14c33b95cd7bd98671683e45aaba555a.jpg (10.8 KB, 46 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »