Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #105
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
This is a very good observation. I am going to test this tonight. Teams with Low aggression/pressure vs teams with higher aggression/pressure. Want to see if it does make a significant impact on fouls within the game.
Let me know what you find. To me the tackle numbers told the story. Leicester were a wall of defenders around the box, but they rarely put in the tackle. Boy were they tough to break down though, felt very similar to what you'll see on a Saturday/Sunday in the EPL.

Curious to see if that's pressure, aggression or a combo of both!

These are so sweet though, I'd love to have some sort of write up with basic guidelines for team style, I think someone else mentioned that. It'd be very helpful for the non league/UCL match ups in my season.
__________________
Twitch: Goblue81188
lhsballa11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #106
Rookie
 
KingKO92's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I'd love to have some sort of write up with basic guidelines for team style, I think someone else mentioned that. It'd be very helpful for the non league/UCL match ups in my season.
What I do: 1) Take the average position of the team you're playing against (I use the team's average position against the best team they've played) (use WhoScored).
2) Place the players on the field relative to their average position. I would take a picture of the formation if you are using the two controller method so you don't have to look up their formation again if you play the same team again. Also, choose the most played player at that position.
3) Use heat maps for player instructions. Compare them to the ones Krebstar (on his website) and I (in this thread) have done. Also, interceptions and defensive behavior are always going to be normal.
4) Compare stats to Krebstar's and my team tactics. This is what I use:
Possession for build-up speed
Long Balls for build-up passing
Heat maps for build-up positioning
Pass Acc. for the other passing
Crosses for crossing (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of crosses")
Shots out of box to total shots ratio for shooting (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of shots" or "takes a lot of long shots")
Heat maps for other positioning (specifically take a look at the striker's heat map)
Total Tackles for pressure
Aggression trait for aggression (leave at 50 if there is none)
Width trait for width (leave at 50 if there is none)
Offside trap trait for defensive line (use cover if there is none)

Hope this helps.
__________________
A high schooler who enjoys realistic sports gaming.
KingKO92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #107
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKO92
What I do: 1) Take the average position of the team you're playing against (I use the team's average position against the best team they've played) (use WhoScored).
2) Place the players on the field relative to their average position. I would take a picture of the formation if you are using the two controller method so you don't have to look up their formation again if you play the same team again. Also, choose the most played player at that position.
3) Use heat maps for player instructions. Compare them to the ones Krebstar (on his website) and I (in this thread) have done. Also, interceptions and defensive behavior are always going to be normal.
4) Compare stats to Krebstar's and my team tactics. This is what I use:
Possession for build-up speed
Long Balls for build-up passing
Heat maps for build-up positioning
Pass Acc. for the other passing
Crosses for crossing (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of crosses")
Shots out of box to total shots ratio for shooting (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of shots" or "takes a lot of long shots")
Heat maps for other positioning (specifically take a look at the striker's heat map)
Total Tackles for pressure
Aggression trait for aggression (leave at 50 if there is none)
Width trait for width (leave at 50 if there is none)
Offside trap trait for defensive line (use cover if there is none)

Hope this helps.

Very helpful thanks.
DirtyCobra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #108
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2007
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Has anyone simmed a season or two with these yet? I am almost half way through my CM and Liverpool is bottom of the table, havent won a game and have only scored 5 goals. Man City are mid table and Crystal Palace is top. Maybe its just an anomaly but some of the most extreme teams (tactically) seem to be doing poorly. Im a little nervous the fact that Liverpool has no ST or CF in their tactic effects their simmed stats. Any input would be nice.
aterry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #109
Rookie
 
KingKO92's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
Has anyone simmed a season or two with these yet? I am almost half way through my CM and Liverpool is bottom of the table, havent won a game and have only scored 5 goals. Man City are mid table and Crystal Palace is top. Maybe its just an anomaly but some of the most extreme teams (tactically) seem to be doing poorly. Im a little nervous the fact that Liverpool has no ST or CF in their tactic effects their simmed stats. Any input would be nice.
This probably means that the second controller method is the way to go.
__________________
A high schooler who enjoys realistic sports gaming.
KingKO92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #110
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2007
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Ran a few test cm's and it seems that the lack of cf or st for Liverpool drastically limits their goals when simulating. In four tests they hadn't scored more than 5 goals through 20 games. Once I switched firming to cf with false 9 selected they started scoring at a normal rate. Anyways thought I would pass that on. They still seem to play to real life with firmino set to cf.
aterry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #111
Rookie
 
KingKO92's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Fiorentina
Fiorentina.JPG

Player Instructions
LCB Astori - Attacking Support: Stay Back
- Interceptions: Normal
CB Rodriguez - Attacking Support: Stay Back
- Interceptions: Normal
RCB Tomovic - Attacking Support: Join the Attack
- Interceptions: Normal
LM Milic - Defensive Support: Come Back
- Chance Creation: Stay Wide
- Support Runs: Come Short
- Support on Crosses: Get in the Box
- Positioning Freedom: Stick to Position
- Interceptions: Normal
LDM Sanchez - Defensive Behavior: Balanced
- Attacking Support: Get Forward
- Interceptions: Normal
RDM Badelj - Defensive Behavior: Balanced
- Attacking Support: Balanced
- Interceptions: Normal
RM Tello - Defensive Support: Balanced
- Chance Creation: Cut Inside
- Support Runs: Get in Behind
- Support on Crosses: Edge of the Box
- Positioning Freedom: Stick to Position
- Interceptions: Normal
LF Valero - Support Runs: Drift Wide
- Attacking Runs: False 9
- Interceptions: Normal
- Defensive Pressing: Cut Passing Lanes
RF Ilicic - Support Runs: Drift Wide
- Attacking Runs: False 9
- Interceptions: Normal
- Defensive Pressing: Cut Passing Lanes
ST Kalinic - Support Runs: Stay Central
- Attacking Runs: Target Player
- Interceptions: Normal
- Defensive Pressing: Cut Passing Lanes

Team Tactics
Speed - 1
Passing - 1
Positioning - Organized
Passing - 1
Crossing - 60
Shooting - 10
Positioning - Free Form
Pressure - 30
Aggression - 30
Width - 45
Defensive Line - Cover
__________________
A high schooler who enjoys realistic sports gaming.
KingKO92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #112
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

So we have to make sure every formation has a cf or st?
__________________
PSN - MikeDG719
MikeGiani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Top -