Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #145
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Mentioned it on one of the last few pages—aggresion doesn't just make teams tackle harder, or with more aggression. It seems tied to pressing frequency and less of telling teams to "get stuck in" or something similar.

If you set high aggression for all teams, you lose the ability to have some teams sit deep and defend, which many do, which forces you to play differently against them.

I'm still not against slightly raising aggression, but it has never equated to more fouls in FIFA. Sliders, and also how you as a human play also hugely affect fouls. You can draw fouls by playing a certain way, by turning away from players, by trying to run past instead of passing, etc.

Just raising aggression to raise fouls, to me, will not work. It will instead just create a more frantic pressing game across the board which all teams do not utilize—and will take away from when teams like Liverpool do utilize it by making it less special.
I acknowledge the validity of your argument, but what about heightening aggression whilst maintaining 'low pressure'?
Couldn't that be a succesfully balanced combination? (perhaps in co-operation with player instructions of which some could be set to 'conservative'?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #146
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKO92
What I do: 1) Take the average position of the team you're playing against (I use the team's average position against the best team they've played) (use WhoScored).
2) Place the players on the field relative to their average position. I would take a picture of the formation if you are using the two controller method so you don't have to look up their formation again if you play the same team again. Also, choose the most played player at that position.
3) Use heat maps for player instructions. Compare them to the ones Krebstar (on his website) and I (in this thread) have done. Also, interceptions and defensive behavior are always going to be normal.
4) Compare stats to Krebstar's and my team tactics. This is what I use:
Possession for build-up speed (unless under the team traits section it says "possession football" or something like that, and if it does, put it at 1)
Long Balls for build-up passing (unless under the team traits section it says "short passes"; if it does, put it at 1)
Heat maps for build-up positioning
Pass Acc. for the other passing (insert build-up passing parentheses)
Crosses for crossing (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of crosses"; if it does, put it at 100)
Shots out of box to total shots ratio for shooting (unless under the team traits section it says "attempts a lot of shots" or "takes a lot of long shots"; if it does, put it at 100)
Heat maps for other positioning (specifically take a look at the striker's heat map)
Total Tackles for pressure
Aggression trait for aggression (leave at 50 if there is none)
Width trait for width (leave at 50 if there is none)
Offside trap trait for defensive line (use cover if there is no

Hope this helps.
Quick question for you. Would you please elaborate on what you mean the average position of a player? Where on who scored are you getting this info from.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #147
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Quick question for you. Would you please elaborate on what you mean the average position of a player? Where on who scored are you getting this info from.
Go to the match report of their match against their best opponent.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #148
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Found it. Thanks for your help. Great job on the Serie A tactics. Do you know if Kreb will be adding these to his site?
Old 11-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #149
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Quote:
Found it. Thanks for your help. Great job on the Serie A tactics. Do you know if Kreb will be adding these to his site?
I think so, I'm not sure. I hope he does, though.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #150
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Quote:
I think so, I'm not sure. I hope he does, though.
They eventually will be—I need to make the formation graphics first, as well as build out the site a bit more itself.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:46 PM   #151
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
I acknowledge the validity of your argument, but what about heightening aggression whilst maintaining 'low pressure'?
Couldn't that be a succesfully balanced combination? (perhaps in co-operation with player instructions of which some could be set to 'conservative'?)
Did some testing with Burnley on low pressure and high aggression—what high aggression does is adjust closing down more than anything else. Pressure is how high or deep the defense sits, and aggression controls how they defend. Do they close you down more, or do the contain and let you have time and the ball, but not get you anything to do with it.

I've tried it for several years, and I've never noticed high aggression equating to more fouls. I wish it did, but I just don't see it.

In my initial test with no changes I played Burnley with 10 pressure and 25 aggression—within about five minutes of playing they had three fouls, and two yellow cards. There is more at play here than just tactic settings. Fouls are the white whale of FIFA, and trust me, I want them as much as anyone.

However, I don't see tactics being the solution as of now. You're more than welcome to adjust aggression across the board when inputting tactics if you're seeing a better result.

For now, I enjoy using something closer to the current settings as it makes teams defend differently. Trying to attack Liverpool and trying to attack Burnley are very different right now, and that's how it should be.

Quote:
For formations and player positions I'd look at multiple heat maps over multiple matches. At least three, I'd say, unless you already have a good idea of where players often are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #152
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Update: 11.27.16

Updated Chelsea and West Ham's formations and tactics—switched their LM and RM to LWB and RWB.

Will still get forward, and will perform defensive duties. More importantly, if you set those tactics before entering career mode the AI will select players they should be more frequently. In the case of Chelsea, if you left it at LM and RM, I doubt they'd ever use Azpilicueta, as the game wouldn't use him at RCB as Conte has been doing.

Small change.

Last edited by Krebstar; 12-09-2016 at 07:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »