Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Update: 2.24.17

EFL Championship is complete! Finally!
Thank you so much !!!
What leagues are next? Any interest in National Squads? probably not. Just wondering.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #458
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thony007
What leagues are next? Any interest in National Squads? probably not. Just wondering.
National squads will be done eventually, but that might be more towards Summer, honestly. The goal for this first year is to get as much in as possible, as next year it'll be about making updates and not recreating everything from scratch.

Next up will most likely be top teams from Portugal and the Netherlands, and a few weeks into the MLS season I'd like to start getting those in place.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #459
Pro

I dare say that EA has done CTT even better since the last update. I sense how much they affect one's CM, also in relation to who you meet. Continue the good work Krebstar, you have created a base for future FIFA CTT
Old 02-26-2017, 05:15 AM   #460
MVP

League 1 or 2 could be good if you can get the stats @krebstar and the national squads sound good to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #461
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Update: 2.26.17

Added the top three sides from the Eredivisie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #462
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

There are spots on the website for Champions League and Europa League—these are meant for teams who are in those competitions this year (or perhaps regulars in the competition), but who will not have tactics done for their entire league. The following is what teams are planning on being included:

Champions League
  • Basel
  • Besiktas
  • Celtic
  • Rostov
  • CSKA Moscow
  • Legia Warsaw
  • Copenhagen
  • Brugge

Europa League
  • Anderlecht
  • Zenit
  • Genk
  • Olympiacos
  • Gent
  • Krasnodar
  • Fenerbahce
  • AZ Alkmaar
Old 02-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #463
Rookie

Just a response to someone earlier talking about only programming the current league you play in and using second controller to do for the international matches.

I would actually recommend programming any league you might one day want to manage in at the onset. It doesn't actually take that long (probably 1-2 hours at most), but it adds so much to the immersion, and it means that if you get bored of winning one league all the time, you can move to another league, where the teams are already playing much more individually.

In terms of overall feedback, I have to say I still find that although teams do play more uniquely, there is still some real lack in getting other teams to take shots at goal. I was playing a Euro League semi-final against PSG last night (CM manager, AC Milan, Legendary, tactics from here, sliders to make opposing team as aggressive as I can). My team managed a 4-0 win away...sigh. They took about one shot at goal.

For the return leg I got so frustrated I took the ball to my own penalty box, and stood waiting for Cavani or someone to steal it from me. Do you know what i discovered? Firstly, your player will shield the ball, and retrieve it from an attempted steal .... with the controller on the coffee table! Clearly massive programming to make other team suck, and player be god-like. Secondly, even with no defenders between Cavani (I mean Cavani man!) and the goal, he misses 50% of the time, or gets saved... what a joke. And thirdly, if they score, your chances of scoring an immediate revenge goal is >90%, as suddenly it seems their goalie has gone blind.

The imprinted AI in this game is enough to make you scream. Clearly some people must have complained so much at some point that they made a game for you to simulate being a football god, rather than an actual football game
Old 02-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #464
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACanuckinOz
Just a response to someone earlier talking about only programming the current league you play in and using second controller to do for the international matches.

I would actually recommend programming any league you might one day want to manage in at the onset. It doesn't actually take that long (probably 1-2 hours at most), but it adds so much to the immersion, and it means that if you get bored of winning one league all the time, you can move to another league, where the teams are already playing much more individually.

In terms of overall feedback, I have to say I still find that although teams do play more uniquely, there is still some real lack in getting other teams to take shots at goal. I was playing a Euro League semi-final against PSG last night (CM manager, AC Milan, Legendary, tactics from here, sliders to make opposing team as aggressive as I can). My team managed a 4-0 win away...sigh. They took about one shot at goal.

For the return leg I got so frustrated I took the ball to my own penalty box, and stood waiting for Cavani or someone to steal it from me. Do you know what i discovered? Firstly, your player will shield the ball, and retrieve it from an attempted steal .... with the controller on the coffee table! Clearly massive programming to make other team suck, and player be god-like. Secondly, even with no defenders between Cavani (I mean Cavani man!) and the goal, he misses 50% of the time, or gets saved... what a joke. And thirdly, if they score, your chances of scoring an immediate revenge goal is >90%, as suddenly it seems their goalie has gone blind.

The imprinted AI in this game is enough to make you scream. Clearly some people must have complained so much at some point that they made a game for you to simulate being a football god, rather than an actual football game
First of all, I agree with you that it pays to submit all the (programming?) Data as Krebstar have created for you / we can put into CTT in a few hours what the man has spent weeks and months to create respect, excuse back to the track ...
No doubt that EA AI frustrate at times. But experience tells me that it's not all black and white. If you step up the midfield with the ball and not move, you will find that it goes 4-5 seconds before AI attack, realistically, no, but is it realistic that I have to stand and stare 4-5 seconds, just as it is realistic to you must stand still in the defense to Cavani can steal the ball ?, no I guess.
The game code is what it is and it has been for a long time, but I see hope ahead with the new engine. There is always Slider to make the game more challenging, and yes sometimes behave AI strangely. EA does not listen to complaints, but only to the proposal, and not least what they can earn from, the same as all other companies would do. It is not to pick on you, every man is entitled to his opinions and frustrations, but sometimes I miss a little of reality realism of what we expect and what can EA create ?.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »