Home

Ideas to making Career more difficult?

This is a discussion on Ideas to making Career more difficult? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ideas to making Career more difficult?

Now I'm not talking about the games themselves, but rather the management of the club and making it more difficult to achieve all-star squads.

I know it's always kind of been an issue, but I just signed 6 players on Contract Expiry that will bring my team from pretty good to potentially one of the better top 11 in the world. On top of that I also signed David Alaba because I didn't have to spend anything getting those other guys so I figured why not.

Along with this, it's also so incredibly easy to scout a young world class talent regardless of what team you are.

Aside from house rules, which I'm probably going to have to start doing, anyone have anything that makes it more difficult to improve your roster with such ease?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to making Career more difficult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio2031
Now I'm not talking about the games themselves, but rather the management of the club and making it more difficult to achieve all-star squads.

I know it's always kind of been an issue, but I just signed 6 players on Contract Expiry that will bring my team from pretty good to potentially one of the better top 11 in the world. On top of that I also signed David Alaba because I didn't have to spend anything getting those other guys so I figured why not.

Along with this, it's also so incredibly easy to scout a young world class talent regardless of what team you are.

Aside from house rules, which I'm probably going to have to start doing, anyone have anything that makes it more difficult to improve your roster with such ease?
Personally, I think house rules are the best answer. Everyone has differing opinions on how difficult it should be. For my primary CM, I enjoy taking a FL2 squad up to the EPL and I don't want it to be too difficult until I get the EPL. If I have to maintain realism, I either will never get there, or it will take way too long.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
Rookie

I'm currently doing a lengthy, realistic career with Brentford. In the Championship, I eventually want to take them to the top of the Premier League and perhaps even Europe, but I intend to do so over the course of 10-15 seasons, not just 3 or 4 like most people tend to. I've already completed my first 2 seasons and I've only managed a mid-table finish in both, so it's going to be at least my 3rd season before I'm even promoted (but even that's going to be a challenge).

A few things I do to help keep things realistic:

- Make realistic transfers. This can only really be self-imposed to some extent, but it's at least possible for the first 3 seasons or so of a career. I think to myself 'Would Brentford be able to make this kind of signing in real life?' If not, I simply won't sign that player. Try and look at the recent transfer history of your chosen club to see what kind of calibre of players they've bought and try to keep yours roughly in line with that. Obviously as seasons go by and your club progress you can make slightly bigger and bigger signings, but the main point is not to just jump straight into the deep end and start buying Champions League quality players just because you can afford it.

- If the board give you an unrealistically high budget for the following season, you can 'waste' some of it by firing/re-hiring scouts (and youth academy scouts). FIFA doesn't really incorporate the day-to-day outgoings of a football club, so it's easy to end up with too much money. Yes a team like Brentford for example might have £10m in the bank, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's all to be used on players. Firing/re-hiring scouts is a good way of getting rid of some of the excess/unrealistic money you have and you can just pretend that it's been used in other areas.

- Try not to make wholesale changes. Even if you can afford it through player sales, don't sign 6 or 7 players in a single window who are all going to walk into your first XI. In real life, such a big change would do more harm than good as it'd interrupt the chemistry of your team. Obviously target weak areas you have, but aim to only bring in maybe 2 or 3 players each window that will go straight into your starting XI. If you are particularly flush, perhaps another 1 or 2 for squad depth/the future.

- Perhaps most importantly - sell your players. Too many FIFA players tend to buy players they like early on, then just continually renew their contracts to the point where eventually their first XI is full of players who have been at the club for 8-9 years. That just doesn't happen in real life, not even at the big clubs. Every player should have their price and if you get a good offer for one of your players, you should let them go. Did Juventus want to sell Pogba to United? Probably not, but for £90m they couldn't say no. The same goes for Kante to Chelsea, Hummels to Bayern, Mustafi to Arsenal...basically any big summer signing.

Last edited by Bixer; 01-04-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Good stuff Bixer. After your second season, how's the board feel about your job with the team? My experience has been that if you don't immediately improve your teams finishing order within about 2 years you get shown the door which is the last thing I want because I want to stay with one team...if only there was an option where I could turn firing off.

I don't know anything about funds teams have so it would be difficult to evaluate how much I should have.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Good stuff Bixer. After your second season, how's the board feel about your job with the team? My experience has been that if you don't immediately improve your teams finishing order within about 2 years you get shown the door which is the last thing I want because I want to stay with one team...if only there was an option where I could turn firing off.

I don't know anything about funds teams have so it would be difficult to evaluate how much I should have.
I suppose it depends who you're with - which team are you using?

I think my league objective in both seasons was just to finish mid-table. I finished 9th and 11th respectively, so the board have been quite happy with me (went on a bit of a League Cup run in my second season too).

Your league objectives are generally decided based on the quality of your starting XI, so perhaps you're making too many improvements to your team faster than you're able to improve at the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Well I was shocked in FIFA 15 when I was Swansea. I won the first year which I wasn't happy with because like you I want it to be challenging.

So, I made it more difficult and I think I finished somewhere in 7th-10th area the next season and was fired which I thought was pretty ridiculous. I think my objective the second year was "Win the Title" or something stupid like that. Isn't that the main objective for every team anyway? Don't even get me started on the new objectives in FIFA 17...

It may be better now as I said this was 2 years ago. I did just finish another season last night where I met very little of my objectives but still held onto the job.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Well I was shocked in FIFA 15 when I was Swansea. I won the first year which I wasn't happy with because like you I want it to be challenging.

So, I made it more difficult and I think I finished somewhere in 7th-10th area the next season and was fired which I thought was pretty ridiculous. I think my objective the second year was "Win the Title" or something stupid like that. Isn't that the main objective for every team anyway? Don't even get me started on the new objectives in FIFA 17...

It may be better now as I said this was 2 years ago. I did just finish another season last night where I met very little of my objectives but still held onto the job.
That's probably because you won the league title in your first year then, naturally finishing mid-table after that is quite disappointing.

I'd imagine if you'd also just finished 7th-10th in your first season too, you wouldn't have been fired.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I found some posts on the reddit career mode forum that have amazing rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »