Home

Huge money glitch in career mode?

This is a discussion on Huge money glitch in career mode? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Huge money glitch in career mode?

Hey all,

So, I don't post often, if at all, but I had to share what just happened to me this morning.

I have a career mode going with Wexford Youths, imported into English League Two. It's a club that's primarily focused on making sure its finances are in order, with a critical objective tagged to it on my first two seasons. In each of the first two seasons, I was tagged with keeping player wage growth under 25%.

In Year 1, I focused solely on building up young players, and selling them for profit. I did this in the goal of hiring a 5* Exp 5* Judgement scout, which I was able to accomplish by the end of Year 1. Because I did this by winning my preseason tournament, spending next to no money, and selling my best players, my wage growth was at about 4% for the first season, and I finished 19th in the league. So, I get invited back for Year 2.

In Year 2, I have the exact same critical stipulation, along with some youth development objectives and league objectives. I accomplish every single objective for the season, but since I bought some regen free agents at the beginning of the year, I end up with a 32% wage growth for the season. I finish 8th for the season, and I have a ton of good youth prospects in my academy, but I only finish with a 67 for my board rating due to failing my critical objective. As I play the season, I see that my Club Worth falls to a negative number due to the crazy price of my youth academy (around 7 million US). I finish the season with about a -4.2 million Club Worth, yet the board decides to keep me on for Year 3. I advance through the loading screen, and kick up Year 3. When I get to the objective screen, my critical financial goals are as follows: Finish the season with 22 million in unspent allocated funds, and finish the season with a profit margin of 165 million. Wait, what?

I check my fund allocation page, and I find out that I have current funds of *258 million dollars*. I have no idea how this happened, but my best guess is because I had a negative club worth, yet was still retained for my position, that it caused the game to glitch out and give me a crazy amount of money. I'll never hit that profit margin with a Year 3 League Two team, so I'm almost assured lose my job, no matter how well I do in the upcoming season, essentially ruining my career mode. Has anyone else run into this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Huge money glitch in career mode?

Proof:

Old 01-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

Re: Huge money glitch in career mode?

damn ball out... make some moves.