Home

My dream

This is a discussion on My dream within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

OVR: 0
My dream

I don't ask for much. I just want to play my own little private manager career mode simulation. I'm not bothering anyone so wouldn't it be nice and special if EA would let me do what I want with it?

In player career there are all these awesome hair styles to choose from. But can I edit the hair of my fictional youth players in manager career mode? No I cannot. The EA gods have determined I am not worthy of such power.

And let us not neglect the wonderful right footed youth player I just discovered who is listed as a left winger. Can I go in and edit his official position to right wing? Alas I cannot and my OCD forces me to sell him at the first opportunity for offending my senses. Again, I am neither worthy of such power nor can I be trusted with it, so the EA gods have decreed.

I am merely a humble unworthy paying customer. I will strive ever onward to accept the gifts the EA gods have bestowed upon me and ask for forgiveness for my lack of gratitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Seeker7; 03-15-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Pro

Re: My dream

Haha, i like your humorous take.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

My dream is a full control league. I know allowing us to control clubs in multiple leagues might be too hard but we should be able to control all teams in the same league. That would cut down on horrible lineups, transfers and make everything more realistic.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker7
I don't ask for much. I just want to play my own little private manager career mode simulation. I'm not bothering anyone so wouldn't it be nice and special if EA would let me do what I want with it?

In player career there are all these awesome hair styles to choose from. But can I edit the hair of my fictional youth players in manager career mode? No I cannot. The EA gods have determined I am not worthy of such power.

And let us not neglect the wonderful right footed youth player I just discovered who is listed as a left winger. Can I go in and edit his official position to right wing? Alas I cannot and my OCD forces me to sell him at the first opportunity for offending my senses. Again, I am neither worthy of such power nor can I be trusted with it, so the EA gods have decreed.

I am merely a humble unworthy paying customer. I will strive ever onward to accept the gifts the EA gods have bestowed upon me and ask for forgiveness for my lack of gratitude.

There is nothing worse than getting a 6'6 RB with great CB or ST characteristics and knowing you'll never play him because the game decided he should be a RB instead for some reason.

It also would be nice to change the names of youth academy players just so I don't have 5-6 players with the same last name on my club/ national team.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

Here's an idea for the Devs. Move the creation center to within the manager career mode section. Then when I go to edit a player from within the creation center it will have my current career mode roster and I can edit my new youth players. From a coding perspective this does not look like a difficult fix.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Here's an idea for the Devs. Move the creation center to within the manager career mode section. Then when I go to edit a player from within the creation center it will have my current career mode roster and I can edit my new youth players. From a coding perspective this does not look like a difficult fix.

They need to copy PES17 in this regard. When you edit a player outside career mode, the edit carries into the career. Besides attributes.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

lion575a's Arena

Well,

The problem with PES (and its the biggest problem with PES in my opinion), is there are a static number of players and no random computer generated youth players. Meaning among other things if I create my own club with the editor, it screws up any existing career modes etc ... .

I would rather EA model their in career mode editing and career changes after MLB The Show. PES still has a long way to go (probably more work to do than EA) themselves with the career mode editing and especially youth club.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #8
Rookie

lion575a's Arena

Quote:

Do you guys ever see EA employees / developers on these boards looking for feedback? Would love to see them respond to this post.

"Well mere mortal, we have decreed that ....." !

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »