Home

Contract Refusal

This is a discussion on Contract Refusal within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2017, 03:09 AM   #1
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Contract Refusal

Currently in my third season of my career mode. I bought the game late in December, i also took 1-2 months off when I was only playing FUT. So lets say I've played a ton of career mode matches in a short period of time... Every single game.

I started at Rayo, moved to Porto, and now for year 2 and 3 i've been at Real Madrid.

There is a very very annoying trend in this game...

*gets email from player stating he wants more money because his contribution outweighs his pay*

*offers deal, better than player even wanted, because why not? we are Madrid.*

*players agent says no, we'll look to move*

So FIFA forced Varane out the club essentially after year 1 with Madrid.

Year 2 with Madrid, Asensio wanted a new deal, from 145k to 190k. I offered him 250k, also from squad rotation player to crucial player. 87 overall, 21 years old. The best young midfielder in the world, the only young player in the game rated better? Dybala. We own him to. So Asensio is extremely valuable to the club.

*Agent says No, we'll look to move...*

So basically the exact same scenario has played out back to back seasons. Which could happen in real life, at 99% clubs in the world, at Real Madrid? Just no.

Now let me say where the game is just flawed. I've offered Asensio numerous contracts, the last one being 500k a week!!!! Still, no.

Why is there even this negotiating mechanic if the "game" , "EA" , whatever you want to call it has decided, who's going to leave?

No player in the world on 145k a week, at the biggest club in the world, is going to turn down a 500k a week contract! Even if he wanted to leave. The game is flawed.

& before anyone replies, players want to leave clubs all the time. You know how many star players have wanted to force their way out of Madrid in the past 5 years? 0. Throughout history? it would probably be still close to zero. but somehow in this game? i've lost two of the best young talents in the world in back to back seasons? While offering one of them 500k a week!? While giving both players adequate playing time, regularly.

Needs to be fixed, its annoying. The contract negotiating is so dull.

FIFA 17, a game where players turn down 500k a week at Real Madrid but in real life players leave to China every day. Great game, 10 out of 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Contract Refusal

Totally agree. Happens all the time. Also, Messi will only sign for 1 Million/week no matter what team you are which is super annoying.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Totally agree. Happens all the time. Also, Messi will only sign for 1 Million/week no matter what team you are which is super annoying.
That's because he trait called One Club Player. That's why he never leaves Barca.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
Rookie

I realize I am late to the party here, but.... there are many ways around this issue if you know them:
1. If right at start of the season, put player out on short loan, and recall after a few weeks. Usually fixes the issue
2. If towards end of first half of season, delay negotiation, and again, put out on short loan, recall. Problem fixed
3. If in latter half of season, more tricky. Start by ignoring it, until they send the email to demand attention to the matter. Then offer good wage. Most important aspect is to offer exactly the same extension on contract they demand. Don't ask for more years, that's the road to ruin. Keep negotiating till season ends, and "magically" at the start of next season issue is fixed.
4. Now the tricky one. Player at end of contract term playing this game. try all above tricks, if fails, put them on transfer list, demand extortionate amount, and either sell, or if can't sell, renegotiate
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACanuckinOz
I realize I am late to the party here, but.... there are many ways around this issue if you know them:
1. If right at start of the season, put player out on short loan, and recall after a few weeks. Usually fixes the issue
2. If towards end of first half of season, delay negotiation, and again, put out on short loan, recall. Problem fixed
3. If in latter half of season, more tricky. Start by ignoring it, until they send the email to demand attention to the matter. Then offer good wage. Most important aspect is to offer exactly the same extension on contract they demand. Don't ask for more years, that's the road to ruin. Keep negotiating till season ends, and "magically" at the start of next season issue is fixed.
4. Now the tricky one. Player at end of contract term playing this game. try all above tricks, if fails, put them on transfer list, demand extortionate amount, and either sell, or if can't sell, renegotiate
Agreed. The loan thing works super well. If they're a high-salary player and you don't get loan offers the player will still stop complaining just because they're loan listed.

Another trick is to have multiple save files during transfer windows. I had a 97 scouted striker that was demanding a transfer and I saved the game on the last day of the month. Team ended up selling him for like 70Mil. Went back and reloaded and tried it again and he ended up getting a training injury so he couldn't be transferred. Two years later he is super happy and doesn't want to leave.

I have another dude making 175K/week and I offered him over 1Mil/week and he won't accept with only a year left on his deal so I'm gonna have to make a move to loan him or sell him for a crazy amount of money in the summer and try to buy him back in the winter.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »