Home

Three New Stadiums are Included in FIFA 18, Including LA Galaxy's Stubhub Center

This is a discussion on Three New Stadiums are Included in FIFA 18, Including LA Galaxy's Stubhub Center within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Three New Stadiums are Included in FIFA 18, Including LA Galaxy's Stubhub Center

LA only has their stadium in because Madden had to add it for the Chargers. Glad it is in but it's rather lazy that they are only adding three stadiums and all by obligation.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: Three New Stadiums are Included in FIFA 18, Including LA Galaxy's Stubhub Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Portland & Orlando way more deserving. LA has a rather boring family friendly atmosphere.
I agree that other MLS teams are deserving of getting their stadium in FIFA (especially Portland), but that doesn't mean Galaxy isn't. Five-time champs and the most globally recognized team in MLS has to count for something.

And I respectfully disagree about the atmosphere. Boring? No. Family friendly? Sure, but what's wrong with that?
Old 06-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #11
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I agree that other MLS teams are deserving of getting their stadium in FIFA (especially Portland), but that doesn't mean Galaxy isn't. Five-time champs and the most globally recognized team in MLS has to count for something.

And I respectfully disagree about the atmosphere. Boring? No. Family friendly? Sure, but what's wrong with that?
They are one of the great club in the states. Doesn't change the fact that the atmosphere in LA is dull.

Globally recognized, eh. There is no one who doesn't know football that knows who LA Galaxy are. If they know football, they know quite a few clubs from MLS.
its regional as well, where as most football fans from Italy are aware of NYCFC because of Pirlo, most people in Brazil know Orlando City because of Kaka, The Brithish isles & Galaxy for players like Keane & Beckham. Even bastian schweinsteiger in Chicago now.

No one in Indonesia, Italy, South Africa etc. who doesn't watch football, if you say "do you know who LA Galaxy are?" are saying yes. If you say you know who Manchester United are? Barcelona? Real Madrid?" they're saying "ah yes i've heard of them." So you saying they're the most globally recognized team doesn't mean much or why they deserve a stadium in FIFA. Its only in because of Madden.

& from the only actual study I found with any thought to it, has Seattle as by far the most searched team on the internet. Another just went off Social Media, and NYCFC is #1 there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Its only in because of Madden.
Oh, I get that. But if that is the case, it's the same reason the Sounders' stadium is in. I'm not saying Seattle isn't deserved because it totally is, I even said so a few years back when they added it.

And if that's the sole reason that the LA and Seattle stadiums are in, why do they not include Gillette Stadium for the Revolution? Could it be that they are a lower profile team and therefore not on the FIFA devs' radar? (Sorry Revs fans, just making a point here.)

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that the atmosphere in LA is dull.
Are we basing this off of TV viewing or live attendance? Just curious.

I was at the Sounders vs. Orlando City match in Seattle last week. The atmosphere was incredible, probably one of the best live sporting events I've ever been to. Does the Galaxy matchday environment rival that? Honestly, no. But at the same time, I've never been to a Galaxy match that I would describe as "boring" or "dull". LA sports crowds are generally more reserved than other areas of the country to begin with (unless it's the Lakers), but sitting in the Angel City Brigade or LA Riot Squad sections is always a good time, plenty of loud support there.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #13
Rookie

The Portland Timbers have the best environment in the MLS. It's incredible. Opposing teams fear the Timbers army.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football...ahimovic-messi
They have awesome chants, songs, and traditions in Portland. Not to mention Timber Joey cutting a slice off the log after every goal or the smoke bombs after goals. Portland is also a recent MLS Cup champion.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Yeah, a Timbers match is definitely on my bucket list.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Yeah, a Timbers match is definitely on my bucket list.

I was so lucky as to go to this game.
http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/in...porting_1.html
You know just your run of the mill 22 Player Penalty Kick Shootout to advance in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #16
Pro

With all due respect, there are 40-50 clubs that should have their own stadium before considering MLS!. It's a league that's simply not very interesting if you're from europe, it has a status of x stars that retire league. As a football nation is US one Lilliputian, but treats equally. How about showing the Italian and Dutch Portuguese Belgian etc league respect as they deserve, By giving these clubs some stadium !.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »