Home

FIFA 18 Features Player Motion Tech, Player Personality, Dribbling Overhaul

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Features Player Motion Tech, Player Personality, Dribbling Overhaul within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 18 Features Player Motion Tech, Player Personality, Dribbling Overhaul

EA today released information on some of the features we can expect in FIFA 18. Included are big overhauls to player movement and personality as well as dribbling.

REAL PLAYER MOTION TECHNOLOGY
FIFA 18 introduces Real Player Motion Technology - the system behind biggest step in gameplay innovation in franchise history. The all-new animation system unlocks the next level of responsiveness, and player personality – now Cristiano Ronaldo and other top players feel and move exactly like they do on the real pitch.

PLAYER PERSONALITY
Ronaldo’s signature sprint, Sterling’s unique turns, and Griezmann's technique are all immediately recognizable in FIFA 18. For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best.

DRIBBLING OVERHAUL
New dribbling mechanics allow the best players to inject more creativity into 1v1 situations. Take more defined touches, make tighter turns, and explode into attack more dynamically than ever before.

GAMEPLAY FUELED BY CRISTIANO RONALDO
Back-to-back European Champion, Cristiano Ronaldo fuels FIFA 18 gameplay innovation. Motion data capture of Ronaldo’s acceleration, run cadence, skills, and shooting technique have informed gameplay elements like fluidity, player responsiveness and explosiveness.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: FIFA 18 Features Player Motion Tech, Player Personality, Dribbling Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
PLAYER PERSONALITY
Ronaldo’s signature sprint, Sterling’s unique turns, and Griezmann's technique are all immediately recognizable in FIFA 18. For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best.

DRIBBLING OVERHAUL
New dribbling mechanics allow the best players to inject more creativity into 1v1 situations. Take more defined touches, make tighter turns, and explode into attack more dynamically than ever before.

GAMEPLAY FUELED BY CRISTIANO RONALDO
Back-to-back European Champion, Cristiano Ronaldo fuels FIFA 18 gameplay innovation. Motion data capture of Ronaldo’s acceleration, run cadence, skills, and shooting technique have informed gameplay elements like fluidity, player responsiveness and explosiveness.
These items sound like good steps toward player individuality. I hope they're more than just aesthetic factors.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

As time gets along. It's weird the things I'm keying on more and more. Like how it kinda irks me that every single player has the exact same running gait in sports games. I'd love to see guys who can absolutely fly run different visually than the slower or stronger guys. Things like guys with sprinter speed having that sprinter turnover where the strides are just fluid and chew up the pitch.

But plodders look more lumbering or methodical even at full speed. And more personality is a huge plus. Looking forward to this more than I thought...
Old 06-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
This sounds really cool, and I hope that it works like they say it will. But, hasn't PES been doing this for a while now?
Old 06-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7

"Gameplay fueled by Cristiano Ronaldo"?

Lol, wtf kind of bogus "feature" is that? And no mention of a greater emphasis on team tactics and strategies?

There's a lot to like about FIFA, but it kills me how they seem to neglect the same things year after year, despite the masses screaming for specific improvements. I'm sure the FUT mode will see plenty of attention though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3

Lol, wtf kind of bogus "feature" is that? And no mention of a greater emphasis on team tactics and strategies?

There's a lot to like about FIFA, but it kills me how they seem to neglect the same things year after year, despite the masses screaming for specific improvements. I'm sure the FUT mode will see plenty of attention though.

They did say something about better team identities in another press release but they're not going to release all of the information about the game this early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

It's the kind of feature that gets casual fans to buy the game. Me, personally, I don't know a damn thing about tactis and strategies in soccer, but I sure as hell know who Ronaldo is and what he can do on the pitch.

They're trying to get guys like me to buy the game when they announce stuff like this.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

If it means that all players don't play the same way, I'm all for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »