Home

FIFA 18 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Xbox One, PS4, PC) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 18 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashley93
Ironically, this is how I'd describe FIFA's midfield

Different strokes etc
Huh? The CPU defending in the midfield in FIFA is FAR tougher than in PES. There is no midfield defensive play in PES, at least when comparing the respective games' demos.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #74
Rookie

Lashley93's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Huh? The CPU defending in the midfield in FIFA is FAR tougher than in PES. There is no midfield defensive play in PES, at least when comparing the respective games' demos.
ah, full game is a lot different for pes, obviously same could be said for fifa in 2 weeks
Old 09-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #75
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Default speed is way way too fast. Its still too easy to make bombing runs regardless of the player. When im bombing down the pitch with Phil Jones, there is an overall problem. Overall dribbling still needs to have a much better player separation

I do like the player weight tough. Passing is still too accurate. Thank god there are fouls though. This game does have potential since there are sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #76
Pro

This demo is insanely good! Only the colors are a bit meh...
Old 09-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Why? Because PES' midfield play is pathetically easy and unrealistic. The midfield exists in PES as nothing more than space to zoom through between the boxes.

That's not football.
Please don't make it a fight. Can't take that "Fifa or PES" is better thing. A lot of ambassadors out there.

Is i mentioned. It is a matter of different opinions. I will agree that the midfield is more compact (everything is more compact) in FIFA. But it is not the only thing.

The minor difference between players (except for Neymar, CR7 etc) is really a bad thing and everyone can make perfect direct passing all over the pitch. Again.. It is also about what you're looking at.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #78
Rookie

MaximumChaos84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Default speed is way way too fast. Its still too easy to make bombing runs regardless of the player. When im bombing down the pitch with Phil Jones, there is an overall problem. Overall dribbling still needs to have a much better player separation

I do like the player weight tough. Passing is still too accurate. Thank god there are fouls though. This game does have potential since there are sliders.
Is every foul a card like in past years?

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #79
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumChaos84
Is every foul a card like in past years?

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
Nope, i saw one with no card when the cpu fouled me.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Played Man U vs Chelsea and they scored 2 from outside the box.
But the question is... were they 1st times shots or not? Because 1st time, unprepared shots were always plenty in FIFA (irrealistic most of the times), but well thought ball controlled shots were extremely scarce before.

Quote:
Why? Because PES' midfield play is pathetically easy and unrealistic. The midfield exists in PES as nothing more than space to zoom through between the boxes.

That's not football.
You are absolutely right on this one, but it seems that the game near the box might me better in PES, altough to early to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
From Gamestop...

Team Styles and Positioning

• New Player Positioning: With more freedom in motion, your teammates examine the pitch and react accordingly; darting forward in coordinated runs, or moving into space to provide consistent attacking support. New player positioning gives you a well-balanced and spread pitch with more opportunities in time and space to read the play.
  • Team Styles: A deep set of authentic playing styles attributed to several teams put the most-recognized tactics on the pitch in FIFA 18 - now in AI you will immediately recognize the tiki-taka of some of Europe's best clubs or the high-pressing style of teams in the Premier League. Feel a change in defensive and attacking approaches every time you choose a new club or opponent.
It's still listed so there's hope that it will be in the final version. It could be a behind the scenes feature where the CPU is making use of the tactics we have always had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I interpreted that as behind-the-scenes code and/or editable tactics via the tactics menu.
If this is a behind the scenes thing it would be off the charts stupid. How would we actually control our team tactics tinkering the available options without knowing what we had our team set "behind the scenes"?

Imagine that they put Barça with that tiki taka style behind the scenes. Then, i go to the tactics and formations available and set the team to play crazy fast up the pitch, long pass, etc... what would happen?

If they say it´s a "behind the scenes" thing i call BS on their part on this one...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »