Home

FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

I preordered based on the demo. Was going to buy a Fifa for the first time in 3 years. These early reviews are making me want to cancel. Both FIFA and PES gave us good pre release builds and totally botched the final version. Dumbfounded.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #50
MVP

BL8001's Arena

When I change CK strategy nothing happens.

Other disappointments, no practice mode yet again.

AI strategy seems to be to fire fast passes around the pitch no matter what club it is. 8 matches against various opponents from different leagues.

There are so many times where if I do nothing on the controller better things happen. Like say I pass it into a ST in the box, if I just sit there the AI goes ape**** around my player eventually leaving him free goal side and I just shoot it in. On D if I just plant someone somewhere on defense and sort of shadow ball/player slightly while really not doing anything my D plays better. The whole gist I get off my play so far is that there is a whole lot of controller input being read by the AI and when you move the stick softly and just tap passes the AI gets flummoxed.

My AI controlled players on D like to hurdle a ball instead of intercepting it

I like that pass ratings seem to matter player to player but if I see the whole routine of a simple pass from one unmarked player to another go behind him like 15 yards/meters so that player has to then run back to fetch it one more time a match I am going to lose my mind. I have the direction halo on and I swear that simple pass goes awry crap happens a dozen times a match

When my players on D do intercept a pass or otherwise disrupt the attack more often than not, like 92% of the time they are pointing towards my goal or orient themselves towards my own goal once I take control

In the beta your forwards and mf's finally forward pressed when possession was lost and it created so many more realistic goal scoring chances. in the early access it's back to legacy immediate run back when you lose possession

To make the game more difficult it looks like EA took the route of making your team AI idiotic. In all previous FIFA's your team became more idiotic as you scaled up in difficulty. With 18 it feels like your AI is just as dumb when you play vs AM as legendary. Which is a **** way to make the game harder.
I feel like I have to sit there with the ball and hammer away at the make player run button just to get them to do basic runs into space. Also see field compression where if the AI RB or LB gets sucked into the middle because the ball is on the other wing that AI player on your team won't exploit that wide open space by staying wide, instead preferring to wander inside too, basically walking into a marked position.

I have this preordered mainly for proclubs but not so happy about that so far

Something I like, in 2018 they finally made the companion app for iPad

Last edited by BL8001; 09-21-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Truly unbelievable. This is why I am extremely ambivalent about trusting EA again. From the demo until the final update, FIFA 16 became iteratively worse with *every* EA patch.
Fifa16 is still the last footy game that I spent many hours with and I agree, and I am on the same boat now. What a sad state of affairs for footy-soccer fans. Last year spent with Pes17, because honestly their demo was awesome, but the full game? Yeah, not so much, and patches never really improved things.

But I really can't understand how the demo can be so different. Months from now people will download and play the demo to see if they want to buy the game or not. It must be representative of the full game, and frankly they should update the demo from what i'm reading.

At least I can be patient and I never pre-order. I loved the fifa demo, and wanted more, but I'm glad I didn't risk it. Just waiting it out I suppose, to see how both footy games develop over the year, while wondering if there's an up to date patch-database for fifa16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #52
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Good grief the negativity in this thread. SMH. OS is getting worse and worse with every thread dedicated to game reviews. Everyone so negative, all the time.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #53
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I know FIFA has had FM ads on certain kits before, but it is a whole different thing when licensing makes it so they have to put PES ads in their game.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Good grief the negativity in this thread. SMH. OS is getting worse and worse with every thread dedicated to game reviews. Everyone so negative, all the time.
If it look like a turd and smells like a turd then not much point in calling it anything else.

After the dibacle that was 17 I was set on passing completely on 18. Then I was pleasantly surprised with demo and was considering making a purchase but after 3 early access matches there's no way I'm handing EA a dime for this mess. Defending is beyond bad, attacking runs are non existent and my players seem to make runs away from support positions and away from space. It makes me feel gross having to manage herding cats at both ends of the pitch, this is nowhere near proper football.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #55
Rookie

Anyone having trouble with it not starting? Loads all the way to the blue screen but just stays there with the flashing 18,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #56
Rookie

Takes about 30 minutes to actually work, restarting over and over and sometimes it works, tried loading 11 times right now and still not wirking

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »