Home

Origin games

This is a discussion on Origin games within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Origin games

Does anyone happen to know what happens if you buy a game via Origin? I've never bought a PC game without a disc before. What if Origin folds? What if it shuts down temporarily and you need the game? Does EA give you a full image of a game you buy?
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Origin games

Feel confident in getting it through Origin. They're not going anywhere, and even if so, you would maintain access to your game. I get it through them every year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStonerock14
Feel confident in getting it through Origin. They're not going anywhere, and even if so, you would maintain access to your game. I get it through them every year.

Ok, but do I ever actually OWN a file that I can reinstall on any system whenever I want without having to connect online.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe you can download that, yes. I am not 100% on that though.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, but do I ever actually OWN a file that I can reinstall on any system whenever I want without having to connect online.

No, you have to run it through Origin. And you can put it on other PC’s but only the PC you’re on can run it. Long story short, one pc per copy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
No, you have to run it through Origin. And you can put it on other PC’s but only the PC you’re on can run it. Long story short, one pc per copy
To be honest, when I bought the disc version of 16, I also had to run through Origin, which I found ridiculous but it's ok. At least you can disconnect Origin if like me you don't use any online features whatsoever. That way if you don't have internet you can still play. And I was able to install those discs to my laptop when I went on a trip once, but what I'm wondering is how can I get the game to install on another computer if I can't connect to Origin on that computer to download it. THAT's when I'd want an image file.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
To be honest, when I bought the disc version of 16, I also had to run through Origin, which I found ridiculous but it's ok. At least you can disconnect Origin if like me you don't use any online features whatsoever. That way if you don't have internet you can still play. And I was able to install those discs to my laptop when I went on a trip once, but what I'm wondering is how can I get the game to install on another computer if I can't connect to Origin on that computer to download it. THAT's when I'd want an image file.
Long story short is you couldn't. The game is tied to your account and you'd have to log in to DL it on another computer. It's just part of the DRM I believe. It's much like Steam or your Xbox/PSN account and how games digitally are tied to that.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemaster20007
Long story short is you couldn't. The game is tied to your account and you'd have to log in to DL it on another computer. It's just part of the DRM I believe. It's much like Steam or your Xbox/PSN account and how games digitally are tied to that.
Right. I don't have any games on Steam or XBOX/PSN accounts. If it isn't on a disc, basically, I don't play it. Unless it's an indie PC game or one that promises a fully downloadable installer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »