Home

CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING

This is a discussion on CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 02:08 AM   #9
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING

Quote:
Originally Posted by napecori
Man united supporter. I'll probably start with them or a random team like Newcastle.
Funny, I'm Man Utd supporter as well, and probably using Newcastle. Have always liked The Toon.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Might throw Celtic in the Prem right off the bat to mix it up it's not too huge of a stretch
Old 09-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #11
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

Will be starting, as always, with the greatest club in the world - FC Schalke 04. Gonna check out the third German League, too. SpVgg Unterhaching is my first choice here. Since TSV 1860 München are in the fourth tier now, Germany needs a new dominant club from the bavarian area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #12
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

A League 2 team in England, probably Lincoln City since they are new. And then one of the new German tier 3 teams. I love "Drake" career modes in FIFA. Starting from the bottom and getting to the top.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

As usual, I have no idea, fear I'll dither too long before starting and fall into the trap of waiting for sliders, patches, squads, etc. Late in the 17 cycle I started an Ipswich Town save as Sol Campbell -- Gunner great of course and one of the manager builds looks enough like him -- and might revisit that idea. If they had the EFL presentation that would probably be a slam dunk.

Using a mid-table club in Spain or Germany is tempting due to the licensing/presentation additions, but I can never pick a club. I had a one going with Köln last year, but their real world situation has really improved, so no need to bring in a new manager (yes, I know...). I also thought about starting as one of my favorite retired players, Mark van Bommel, taking the helm at PSV in Holland. He also played for three of the world's biggest clubs -- Barcelona, Bayern, AC Milan -- so that creates some interesting future employment storylines.

Guess I better sort it out soon.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Will start my manager career in MLS (Hometown MLS Team - Orlando City). See if I can move on to a bigger league. If I end up getting bored, will go to England or Germany most likely.

OS Community Sliders will hopefully keep every game from being boring, and if the CTT actually work this year to get different types of matchups.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #15
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm always so torn, and switch teams constantly. Its been a classic Fifa fault of mine....

Until last year! Managed to get through 6 seasons (alot for me for one save). Did 2 with Atletico Madrid, 2 with Napol in Serie A, and then finally moved to Man City in the EPL (my favorite team).

Was a lot of fun and I get a major kick out of joining a new team in year 3/4 and seeing who they've added/ how their squads are being developed. We all know the AI is unfortunately not great about building squads (see United last year always buying at least 2-3 big name strikers within the first couple of windows and then burying them on the bench), but its fun to take over.

I did a smattering of random teams too, but that was my longest/deepest move.

This year, I'm confident I'm doing:

- Man City. Will probably be my first one. Want to see how many trophies I can win + possibly attract Messi to come (ha!)

- MLS Team. Loads of new teams. (I avoided this league last year). Torn between NYCFC and Vancouver

- Serie A team. My 2nd favorite league to play in after the EPL. Thinking Inter, Fiorentina, or a lower tier team.

Others I'm considering:

- Marseille/some other french club.

- Trying out a lower division German team and pushing them to the top of Bundesliga.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #16
Rookie

Can anyone confirm if career mode is still capped at 15 years? I love to start as a low quality team and work my way up to better leagues and better jobs. I also like to sim a fair bit so I can get through 10-15 years quickly but i hate how it just ends after 15 when I feel like it is just getting good.

Thanks to anyone that can answer this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »