Home

CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING

This is a discussion on CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CAREER MODE WHAT TEAM WILL YOU BE USING

I'm going to start my career mode with Sparta Rotterdam. I chose them because I have never played with a club in the Eredivise before, and I generally like the challenge of playing in unfamiliar leagues and learning about them the beginning stages of a career mode. Other reasons include the fact that Rotterdam is a major Dutch city so if I eventually have domestic/ European success it seems reasonable that a major club would come from a larger city. I also really like Sparta's logo.

This season I decided I will move up two levels from professional to legendary, as I hope this will lead to more realistic results (ex. struggling against Ajax and PSV, but being able to compete with the lower quality clubs). My overall goal is to make the Europa League within the first three seasons (unless my club objectives set higher targets), and to stick with some highly restrictive house rules which prevents me from signing players better than my starting XI, and realistic YA players (ex. cannot sign players with potentials greater than 75 OVR or so as any player with a greater potential overall would likely sign with a larger club). I would also try my best to sell any player I receive an offer for, if that club is better than mine. I will also not be able to scout players from leagues/ countries not adjacent to The Netherlands to begin with. After my first three seasons are up, if I haven't received an offer to manage another team for a higher wage, I will move to another team which I will deem appropriate based on my results, or stay with the club.

I considered starting with were a German 3rd league team (but that seems to be a popular route), and the worst team in the game which I would assume to be a recently promoted Irish club.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 02:16 AM   #26
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

My decision to narrow it down to a Prem League team was pretty easy since I'm on PS4 instead of PC. I cannot stand the fake stadiums that FIFA has always had, and the generic presentation for leagues like Serie A look pretty awful compared to the authentic ones. The Premier League has every stadium and the presentation elements are top notch. Not to mention the atmosphere is great as well.

One question though: Is there any way to start a Career as a manager but keep the existing manager in place? Like, keep Conte if you pick Chelsea etc???
Old 09-29-2017, 03:16 AM   #27
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
One question though: Is there any way to start a Career as a manager but keep the existing manager in place? Like, keep Conte if you pick Chelsea etc???
No, unfortunately not. You have to create your own.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #28
Rookie

NorthLdN's Arena

Have already started one with Crystal Palace, as I always like to start with a mid-table(ish) team - lost to Huddersfield and drew with Liverpool but have scored 1 goal, so at least I'm doing better than them irl!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:50 AM   #29
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

With the addition of Atlanta United, Minnesota, and updated MLS presentation, I can actually say I plan to start a career in MLS. I'll probably go with my favorite FC Dallas.

Last year, I went a couple seasons with Fulham. This year, I think I may focus my second career on the Bundesliga. It may be fun to start in the German 3rd Division and work my way up. I'm just not sure I'm ever patient enough for that. Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #30
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Tottenham, I've dreamed of seeing them won a major trophy and it will be a shame if this core team does not win one. I can at least control what happens in the game!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 9

Fluminense. They were one of the few teams I used when I last played Fifa (NY Red Bulls, Fluminense and Stoke City from what I can remember).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 10:57 AM   #32
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Since I am going to start manager career in MLS, anyone got a good list of what to use for each team stadium wise? I know 2 real stadiums are in MLS, but want to know what generics to use, to not duplicate any.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
"Hunkerdown's Franchise TV"

Madden 18 - Waiting on patch
NBA 2K18 - Hawks Online Myleague
FIFA 18 - Orlando City
NHL 18 - Tampa Bay
F1 2017 - Ferrari Career

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »