Home

Protecting the ball

This is a discussion on Protecting the ball within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Protecting the ball

I played an online game yesterday and the guy I was playing would take the ball from my guy with no effort at all. I was holding LT and it didn't seem to do any good. I asked him how he took the ball and he said he didn't know. I guess maybe I didn't ask my question correctly. When you are a defender coming up on the ball carrier, what do you guys normally do to take the ball away? On the other side of the ball, how do you protect the ball from being stolen? Those are 2 of my biggest issues when playing. I can't keep the ball or take it away.
Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Protecting the ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I played an online game yesterday and the guy I was playing would take the ball from my guy with no effort at all. I was holding LT and it didn't seem to do any good. I asked him how he took the ball and he said he didn't know. I guess maybe I didn't ask my question correctly. When you are a defender coming up on the ball carrier, what do you guys normally do to take the ball away? On the other side of the ball, how do you protect the ball from being stolen? Those are 2 of my biggest issues when playing. I can't keep the ball or take it away.
Thank you for any and all suggestions.
I don't know why but I find shielding much more effective single player than multiplayer.

To take the ball away from a shielding attacker, your just using the standing tackle button and you've to have the right angle. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

It seems to be very stats driven though. If you try to shield and the matchup isn't in your favor, you can definitely lose out. Only shield in positions that you won't be screwed if you lose the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »