Home

FIFA 18 Impressions: What the Game Looks Like Early On

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Impressions: What the Game Looks Like Early On within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Impressions: What the Game Looks Like Early On

This is my first FIFA since FIFA 2014 so for me it's been a nice pleasant change. I'm still trying to come to grips with the game and one thing which struck me was the AI has improved a lot. I was able to get decent games on World Class difficulty level on FIFA 2014 whereas here I'm getting all I can handle on "Semi Pro" difficulty. Defending has been a nightmare, especially against high through balls as my defenders seem to be frozen till the ball passes them or the opponent forwards are nearly past them. Also struggling a bit with the passing as I tend to give the ball away too frequently due to mis-hit passes.

So far am experimenting with various formations - 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-3, 4-3-3 (defend) - and will try out a few more to see which one am I more comfortable with and suits my playing style. But yeah the game has been quite solid so far and am enjoying it. By the way does anyone know if there's a chance EA can add in some sort of 'World Cup Qualifying' mode where you can take control of a team and guide it to the World Cup finals? Would love it if they add it in.

Last edited by Alfie; 10-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:32 AM   #10
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

A little off topic but what happened to the commentary crew for national team games? Hopefully that doesn't mean they won't be in the upcoming World Cup game. *Speaking of World Cups, I doubt EA would add a specific mode for the World Cup, being that they make a full game called FIFA World Cup. *But if yoy play Career Mode, I'm pretty sure you can get a national team offer and play qualifier and World Cup games.*
Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
A little off topic but what happened to the commentary crew for national team games? Hopefully that doesn't mean they won't be in the upcoming World Cup game. *Speaking of World Cups, I doubt EA would add a specific mode for the World Cup, being that they make a full game called FIFA World Cup. *But if yoy play Career Mode, I'm pretty sure you can get a national team offer and play qualifier and World Cup games.*
I don't think EA released a WC game in 2014. The last FIFA WC game I recall was in 2010. Since then it doesn't make much sense for EA to release a WC game given "Ultimate Team" (thanks to coins & cards/packs) is their money maker and I doubt that mode can be implemented in a WC game as folks will be tied up with their virtual teams in FIFA 2018. That's why releasing a WC patch/DLC in FIFA 2018 makes much more sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #12
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

On point. Great summary KG.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #13
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
I don't think EA released a WC game in 2014. The last FIFA WC game I recall was in 2010. Since then it doesn't make much sense for EA to release a WC game given "Ultimate Team" (thanks to coins & cards/packs) is their money maker and I doubt that mode can be implemented in a WC game as folks will be tied up with their virtual teams in FIFA 2018. That's why releasing a WC patch/DLC in FIFA 2018 makes much more sense.
There was a World Cup game released in 2014. It wasn't released on PS4 and Xbox 1 because at the time, more gamers were still playing PS3 and Xbox 360, according to EA. So I'm almost certain EA will release another World Cup game next year. And yes, there was an Ultimate Team included.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
There was a World Cup game released in 2014. It wasn't released on PS4 and Xbox 1 because at the time, more gamers were still playing PS3 and Xbox 360, according to EA. So I'm almost certain EA will release another World Cup game next year. And yes, there was an Ultimate Team included.
One thing I loved about FIFA on PC was the ability to get mods to play the Brazilian World Cup. So much fun trying to get Ivory Coast all the way.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadder
I don't know what nascar ping pong is, but it seems good to me.
Rocket League
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #16
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

And in other news, team USA fails to qualify for the World Cup. SMDH

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »