Home

FIFA manualers

This is a discussion on FIFA manualers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA manualers

Who else besides me only used full manual controls and refuses to handicap myself and use semi-assisted or assisted controls. That’s basically having the game aid you. I can’t stand people boasting about how good they are at FIFA when they don’t use manual.

I tell them play me in manual controls. They do and they pass like 40%. They’re shots are way off and to boot with non manual controls you can’t put the passes where you want and at most times on non manual for messing up a pass you still get it to guy. And all you do is press the cross button or shot button without aiming and boom, perfectly accurate cross or shot.

Don’t come boasting to me about your FIFA skill when you don’t use manual. I rather lose 5-0 to someone when we both use manual than beat someone using assisted.

Who else is with me???

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA manualers

Why does it bother you so much if others play and enjoy the game on assisted controls?

Last edited by Alfie; 10-13-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Why does it bother you so much if others play and enjoy the game on assisted controls?

Because what’s the fun if the game has to help you play?

Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #4
Rookie

usually i'm also a friend of the manual control in fifa or pes...but let me tell you this. None of them does it right. it's like being a noob playing his first games when changing to manual. I'm playing a top-star club and have a pass-quote of 50-60%?! that's simply not realistic and NOT FUN to play like this.

The next thing is, if you play with manual controls atleast the cpu also should play on manual aswell. but they play like super professional and you look like a....

the 'help' aids are also tied to the stats of each player and you still need skill to prevent and create goals. You are still the one who makes the decisions how and when to pass, how and when to shoot (+strength), how and when to defend etc.

Last edited by TripleJay_X; 10-14-2017 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace

So YOUR fun is determined by MY controls? Well, at least it isn't all about you, lol.

I couldn't care less what controls my opponent uses.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace

If someone is having fun on assisted controls, I still don't see why it should bother you.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't have any problems with other people enjoying the game however they want.

What I will say is that it's a very different game without assists. The combination of LS aiming, pass power, and not dragging LS on release needing to be pretty precise, and then add to that executing based on what's going on around the pitch. I think it's a deeper and more enjoyable experience from a personal standpoint, but it can be a pretty high, unrewarding, and not very fun barrier to get to an enjoyable proficiency imo.

The game does feel very easy and mechanical with the assists after playing more than ten years with as much manual control of the outfielders as the game allowed.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
usually i'm also a friend of the manual control in fifa or pes...but let me tell you this. None of them does it right. it's like being a noob playing his first games when changing to manual. I'm playing a top-star club and have a pass-quote of 50-60%?! that's simply not realistic and NOT FUN to play like this.

The next thing is, if you play with manual controls atleast the cpu also should play on manual aswell. but they play like super professional and you look like a....

the 'help' aids are also tied to the stats of each player and you still need skill to prevent and create goals. You are still the one who makes the decisions how and when to pass, how and when to shoot (+strength), how and when to defend etc.

I pass about 80%-90% on manual. I can put the passes to spots I want them to go and the game can’t direct for me to somewhere I don’t want them to go. Scoring and passing is from ME and MY SKILL and not a determination where the computer thinks I want to pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »