Home

FIFA online is NOT football

This is a discussion on FIFA online is NOT football within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #17
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA online is NOT football

Lol devs can change things, sure. But you’ll never change human nature. There will ALWAYS be people who want to play in an arcadey fashion. Even if it isn’t always feasible. They just wanna score goals. They don’t care about tactics or concise passes. They don’t care about defense other than flat out charging at whoever has the ball in an attempt to get it back fast and score more goals. You will never change people. I mean I guess you can punish them for doing that via game mechanics, but all that’ll end up happening is it hurts the franchise in the long run. It’ll turn people off, a lot of people. You may hate the online crowd, but their money is as valid as yours and it keeps the franchise running as much as yours does. I can’t stand online in any sports game because 80% of the people you play against don’t give a damn about the way it ‘should’ be played. But I totally understand that it’s necessary to keep these people invested, and their investment helps to ensure that I will be able to keep playing these games for decades to come. In my opinion, you thinking people won’t quit if EA makes their playstyle invalid, is naive. They absolutely will. I know plenty of casual soccer fans who only play FIFA to run up and down the pitch scoring goals. They don’t play video games a ton. They just like to sit down for an hour or so a day and score some goals. They will stop playing. They will spend their money elsewhere. They will find something else to occupy their time for a couple hours at the end of a work day or on the weekend. I know they aren’t alone in that logic. It’ll hurt the game long term. People will always be people, and you can’t put them in a box.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #18
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

I don't play FUT matches against humans...last year I stuck to seasons and this year squad battles and seasons. Though even squad battles the teams can react like humans because they are programmed with the squad creator's CTT and such, but yeah I tried one time last year to qualify for a weekend league because the prize for finishing in a certain spot was a card I wanted, but I got blasted so I just gave up.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #19
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I came to the page to see if there were suggestions on how to counter the person that holds the contain button the whole game. Upon reading the comments on this thread, it seems like there isn't much to do when playing online.

I was playing one game recently and in the 2nd half I started using LT and RT together and it kind of backed off the defender instead of him being glued to my player. I worked the match into a draw but it was very frustrating. I've never been very good at the game and I lose way more than I win, but finding a way to at least be more competitive would be great.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
I came to the page to see if there were suggestions on how to counter the person that holds the contain button the whole game. Upon reading the comments on this thread, it seems like there isn't much to do when playing online.

I was playing one game recently and in the 2nd half I started using LT and RT together and it kind of backed off the defender instead of him being glued to my player. I worked the match into a draw but it was very frustrating. I've never been very good at the game and I lose way more than I win, but finding a way to at least be more competitive would be great.
By "contain button" do you mean the team contain (X on PS4) or Teammate contain (R1 on PS4)?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:18 PM   #21
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
By "contain button" do you mean the team contain (X on PS4) or Teammate contain (R1 on PS4)?
Holding down the A button (Xbox). I had to go look at my PS4 controller, yes the X button on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Holding down the A button (Xbox). I had to go look at my PS4 controller, yes the X button on PS4.
What does "contain" do? I'm sorry but I haven't used it. I generally use R1/RB as it brings a 2nd defender to help out. I could never figure out what X/A button (contain) does so never used it.

My defense generally consist of pressing L2/LB for jockeying, R1/RB to bring in a 2nd defender to put more pressure and use O for standing tackle. Never use Square button either as the diving tackle is way too risky. But would love to know if it's worth using the X/A button.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:09 PM   #23
Pro

stevostl's Arena

op this is why I play PES this year

mainly because online it plays more like real football.. there is no denying it

I feel your pain. I do miss the ease of getting into games in FIFA online and sometimes I miss clubs as well but for me I just want the more realistic h2h online play and PES gives me that now and it's playable

instead of having a FIFA league online I now do a PES league with my friends.

Last edited by stevostl; 11-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #24
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
1. Most online h2h games are just high pressure super fast arcade style games.
in PES online you can easily beat someone who plays like this online.. this is the beauty of it. and probably my biggest reason on why i play it now

I could still counter these people in FIFA as I got to DIv 3 in fifa seasons but it's much harder and just frustrating even though I'm good at it. I feel like in FIFA online I get forced in to playing the run and gun style of play whereas in PES i can control the flow of the game how I want to and win using tactics that matter and easily holding possession with someone forcing 3 players at me all match long.

for me.. h2h in sports games is always the best way to play it. I like being competitive with friends..

playing ONLY against the computer AI for a year straight is mind blowing boring for myself. I don't see how those who do that can do that. for me it's too repetitive. but I respect those who do that. I'm in my 40's now and I still don't have the attention span to just play offline only. I chose to mainly play with my friends online in leagues and will even play online divisions in PES or seasons in FIFA as my preferred game modes.

but what the OP is talking about is one of the reasons I made the switch to PES this year after I played the pes Online beta i was amazed at how more realistic the online football was compared to fifa. I have't looked back since. I still probably will buy fifa soon enough like i usually do though. I suggest to the OP if you want a more realistic online gameplay experience buy PES as well. it still has it's problems as well just like fifa but in the end it's more a realistic footie experience online gameplay that is more enjoyable.. at least for me

Last edited by stevostl; 11-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »