Home

FIFA online is NOT football

This is a discussion on FIFA online is NOT football within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
FIFA online is NOT football

So I have been a footie games fan since Italia '90 on Amstrad and Kick-off on Amiga.

I have been playing mostly Fifa and some Pro. In the latter years I am playing mostly FIFA.

I started FIFA online at FIFA 13 I believe.

I don't know what is your oppinion but to me EA has failed to produce something that PLAYS like football online. It looks like it, but doens't PLAY like it.

All improvements are nice, but no matter what the improvements of the dev team is, the online gaming will be summarized in every version as

1) Put custom tactics aggression/pressure to the max
2) mass the contain and teammate contain button
3) start the game at ultra-attacking
4) NEVER do more than 2 touches with the ball

Even if you want to play differently you can not. Teams look to be able to apply superhuman pressure for the full game so you have to resort to ping pong...

Maybe I am too old for this, but even when I win (in most of the years I win Div1 on H2H or FUT) the games gives me more headaches than joy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA online is NOT football

I've never had any interest in playing online because of the reasons you said and much more.

Online FIFA has been designed for those who want to score beautiful goals, make beautiful plays, and play with the greatest players. It doesn't resemble a football match at all.

I grew up playing offline, single player, and I had so much fun creating tournaments and leagues, all by myself. It's funny cause the game was much more arcade, but also much more enjoyable. Maybe I'm also getting too old.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm sorry but online gameplay of any sports is not the true representation of the sport. This statement holds true for footie, football/NFL, basketball/NBA and literally any other sport for which video game exists and there's an online mode.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #4
Rookie

Istanbul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
I'm sorry but online gameplay of any sports is not the true representation of the sport. This statement holds true for footie, football/NFL, basketball/NBA and literally any other sport for which video game exists and there's an online mode.
He questiones it why and he is absolutely right.Producers of any sport game you mention can do much better with today's technology but they chose easiest way because people are buying it no matter how quality of the game is.

For Fifa, ultimate team has made the game into something unlike football.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbul
He questiones it why and he is absolutely right.Producers of any sport game you mention can do much better with today's technology but they chose easiest way because people are buying it no matter how quality of the game is.

For Fifa, ultimate team has made the game into something unlike football.
It's not about game developers or producers... it's about human nature. Almost everyone who plays online mode wants to win at all costs and that's why people resort to finding short-cuts or bugs or glitches/flaws in the game. No matter how much effort game developers put in the game, millions of folks playing and trying to break the game will find a glitch and cheese online to win.

We see it all the time in Madden where people actually term trying to break the game to find money plays as "labbing". They want to find that nano-blitz or that uncoverable route/money play or a particular formation where a specific tweak/hot route makes it OP. I recall I played FIFA online a few years ago and came across an opponent who set up the match in a darkish stadium with a black or dark colored football. I could barely even see where the ball was but guess the bloke had practiced it and he only cared about the win.

TL;DR version: People will find a way to cheat and glitch to get that W online. No matter how good the game is, folks aiming for the online wins will find a glitch to cheese.

Last edited by Alfie; 10-23-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Completely agree. I'm older so I'm used to offline/single player. I'm actually having a lot of fun play FUT seasons this year. I've always just played offline career mode in the past but decided to see what FUT was about and am having a blast with single player seasons. I suck at the game so I'm slowly working my way up at my own pace.

Like I said, I'm older with a family and a career. It's actually intimidating to read how hardcore people are with FUT. The amount of time some people put into that mode is insane and there's no way I could compete. It's not something I have to the time or desire to do so I just stick with single player stuff.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
MVP

There are PLENTY off things the devs could do, let's not all blame it to the community that abuse the game.

For one, ping pong passing is something designed by the devs

Pressing a simple button witout even moving the stick and the player would follow the ball, is another thing implemented by the decs

Press another button and a second player comes. So without even touching the stick you have 2 players running at the ball at 100 mph

And this is not the worst. The worst thing is that you can do that ALL-GAME long.

A normal player would be dead by half-time , but not in FIFA

Ultra aggression, ultra attacking etc. All these are in the game. Haven't the devs ever watched a FUT game? Or a H2H ? Do they watch something that "plays" like football?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

This argument exists for most every sports title. The purist vs arcadist. Think the OP complaint through properly. He's stating 2 things:

1. Most online h2h games are just high pressure super fast arcade style games.

2. EA won't fix it.

Well, fix what precisely? Go against what most online h2h players obviously want? You can't expect to do that.

It's the same problem in madden and probably all online h2h sports titles. The reality is, you WANT to enjoy online h2h play but you don't. You want more players to play like you but they don't. And they aren't going to ever again.

I stopped playing madden for the exact same reasons. I just wanted something i wasn't going to get.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »