Home

Youth Academy Players Development

This is a discussion on Youth Academy Players Development within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Rookie

dherrera1015's Arena

OVR: 0
Youth Academy Players Development

So I'm trying to figure out which of my youth academy players are worth growing. I am into my 2020 season and my team has gotten really good. Mostly 85's and above starting and above 82's on my bench. So I only take youth players around 60 overall and 90+ potential. However, some of these guys' physical stats are not what I'm looking for, and don't seem to grow the way they ideally would for the position the player is and his height/weight. For example, I have a CDM who's 6'2" 180lbs and has about 43 strength. There's just no way. And I have wingers who are short and skinny but pace isn't where I want it to be. Does training them stunt their physical growth? And do you guys recommend searching for "physically strong" players so you can just train their technical abilities?

Does leaving players on the bench not allow them to grow, and is it actually useful to send young players out on loan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Youth Academy Players Development

None of them. Youth squads are broken in this game.

As you mentioned, training them will stunt all physical growth, so physically strong is the way to go. But even that doesn't work well. Players will grow on bench about the same as they do out on loan. But if they play really well out on loan they may grow more.

Development of physical attributes is completely messed up and some things like composure will never grow. So you end up with players that have 30 composure, 70 speed, 60 acceleration, and 99 of all technical stats.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

dherrera1015's Arena

Thanks for the input. How about this then:

I have a couple of youth academy players now at 80 overall (who have 88+ pot) and only 18-19 years old. Is it worth keeping them to see if their pace and strength improve by the time they're around 21 or so? Or is there no hope for that?

Is composure an important stat enough to where it effects their ability to play well? That stat never grows. This system is so flawed, it is a shame to see. A lot of potential here.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Anyone also notice that there are far too many left footed prospects? Even at right back and right mid.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Seems like every week there’s a new patch to fix FUT issues. Yet career mode specifically youth academy is still broken. Since last year, youth players look nothing like their pictures. Still no commentary name. Making the switch to PS4 last year, I was expecting much more from this series. Seems like they went backward on the little things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Youth players grow physicals once they hit 20 ffor the most part. However, if you train them too high they won't grow them much due to hitting their max potential faster.

What I've done is train them in the academy until they get a 70 rating, then leave them alone. Usually works well. Though its not an exact science.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Anyone also notice that there are far too many left footed prospects? Even at right back and right mid.
Yup. I sold a pretty decent young RB (22yrs old - 76 OVR) because I thought my academy kid (16yrs old - 68 OVR) would develop with some playing time, not too mention his salary is much cheaper. Then I realized he was left-footed. Should have sold my backup LB instead
Old 12-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherrera1015
Thanks for the input. How about this then:

I have a couple of youth academy players now at 80 overall (who have 88+ pot) and only 18-19 years old. Is it worth keeping them to see if their pace and strength improve by the time they're around 21 or so? Or is there no hope for that?

Is composure an important stat enough to where it effects their ability to play well? That stat never grows. This system is so flawed, it is a shame to see. A lot of potential here.
Pace and strength will improve if you stop training their other stats. I've had players increase sprint speed by +10 points over the course of a season. You just need to be patient and wait for a few seasons.

Composure isn't the only stat like this. NO youth players are good at Penalties either. I had a team of 80+ OVR youth academy prospects... no one was better than 65 at penalties. Volleys lags behind too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »