Home

Is FIFA 16 the best option for CM players?

This is a discussion on Is FIFA 16 the best option for CM players? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is FIFA 16 the best option for CM players?

Seems like this is the last one with any kind of additions added & bugs addressed from previous versions. Plus you still have Camp Nou and the Boleyn Ground still being in the game is kind of cool too.

Checking youtube it looks like tables stay realistic over the life off the CM as well and not been ruined by the glitch where top teams overrotate their squads so you end up with big clubs fighting relegation and league champions only netting around 70 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is FIFA 16 the best option for CM players?

Well, I'm still playing 16 more than I'm playing 18. The AI and physics are miles better and it's the last fully modable fifa. On pc, this means fully updated 17/18 rosters and not just Camp Nou / Boleyn Ground but hundreds of stadiums since there is a file server.

I suppose it's a tougher proposition without these, but the offline gameplay is definitely much more realistic and fun (proper possession football & buildup by the AI, there are plenty of fouls, defending is not nerfed like in 18) so I think it's definitely worth a revisit. Not without flaws, but Fifa18 can seem depressing in comparison if you're an offline/CM player.

Last edited by Chrisx; 04-10-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

No. I think that FIFA 18 is better.
I see enough fouls, proper possesion, shots,...
But is better mainly for two reasons:

1- Much better Player id
2- Much better Team id

Also, personal tactics (if you wanna change some teams) works better. In 16 was more difficult to change.
I prefer too the Physics (body and ball) of Fifa18

Some examples:
https://youtu.be/QwelqLHtYa8
Old 04-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Seems like this is the last one with any kind of additions added & bugs addressed from previous versions. Plus you still have Camp Nou and the Boleyn Ground still being in the game is kind of cool too.

Checking youtube it looks like tables stay realistic over the life off the CM as well and not been ruined by the glitch where top teams overrotate their squads so you end up with big clubs fighting relegation and league champions only netting around 70 points.
I picked up my 15 again,haven’t really played that much on it,used to play it to bits on my 360,I’m 3 seasons in right now.
Burnley for two seasons and now Sunderland.
It’s so much fun,freekicks,physicality,very tough cpu to play against.
I hardly lost on my 18 save,teams winning on 70 p etc

Here I struggle,just got beaten 3-1 away to Liverpool,didn’t stand a chance.
And Chelsea won in my first two seasons,90 and 93 points.
I’m playing on the community sliders,a set with low pass speed,think it’s 20,so you’ll find which one I’m using if interested.
15 min halves,semi shooting/passing/crossing and on Legendary,I find Leg very tough but quite “human”
I usually have around 75-80 pass % and cpu 80-85
Good stats when shooting and obviously tons of fouls.
Best FIFA game I’ve played so far.
18 is horrible,just forward forward when the cpu has possession
Can’t play it anymore

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 04-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #5
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8

I sill have Fifa 15 for Xbox 360 and do not own an Xbox one. But I was thinking of buying an XBox One and Fifa 18 because I am just tired of playing with the same players in FIFA 15 and same growth potential of guys. And I can't create them because of workrates not being modifiable.

Even with sliders the community has created on here, you still think FIFA 18 is unplayable in career mode? I do enjoy the sliders from FIFA 15 I have saved from this forum and it is very fun. But again, I am just tired of playing with the same players with the same youngsters growing the same rate. There is no Pulisic, Mbappe, Ederson, Gabriel Jesus etc. Plus the way the game looks seems so much better as do the graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
No. I think that FIFA 18 is better.
I see enough fouls, proper possesion, shots,...
But is better mainly for two reasons:

1- Much better Player id
2- Much better Team id

Also, personal tactics (if you wanna change some teams) works better. In 16 was more difficult to change.
I prefer too the Physics (body and ball) of Fifa18
The problem with FIFA 18 is the AI overrates lineups, so you frequently end up with

a) Championships won with 70ish points when really it should be mid 80's
b) Power teams struggling mightily because they have 4 or 5 of their best players only playing like 15 league matches. I even saw Man City relegated in one save.

It completely kills any immersion or sense or realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »