Home

FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Arrives Free on May 29, For FIFA 18

Completely disappointed. These games have been in my library since 2002. Not being able to work through qualifying and missing about 3/4 of the teams in the game.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #18
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm afraid this will prevent this game going into the EA Access Vault anytime soon, which will be highly disappointing.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Arrives Free on May 29, For FIFA 18

Pros -

it’s coming to the switch ( I assumed it wouldn’t)

It’s got World Cup editor - also a surprise

12 stadiums!

Cons

No qualification??

No classic teams. (No surprise as legends are saved for loot boxes or however FUT works)
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #20
Rookie

eagletal88's Arena

OVR: 1
No Captain your Country mode... Sad, that was my favorite way to play.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm with those that are disappointed in not having qualifying. I loved taking random teams through each of their qualification campaigns. I suppose it's nice for those that already have FIFA and just want a World Cup diversion but I'm the opposite. World Cup games have been my preferred soccer/footy option since the '98 edition. FIFA was the diversion when I'd get bored with the international squads (which was usually after 2-3 years).

Doubt I'll be getting this. Or at least not until the price drops around the time 19 comes out. For those that have 18 and get it free, I'm happy for you. In the meantime, I might need to go grab WC14 and fire up my PS3 again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is it bad that I was ready to do a modified FIFA World Cup in June with England as the host since there are tons of EPL stadiums in the game? Heck it could have happened if it wasn’t for the bribes!

FIFA World Cup England 2018!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:38 PM   #23
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabil81
Is it bad that I was ready to do a modified FIFA World Cup in June with England as the host since there are tons of EPL stadiums in the game? Heck it could have happened if it wasn’t for the bribes!

FIFA World Cup England 2018!
Haha I actually did this last year. I really had a blast and was thinking about doing it this year but I’m going to hold off and wait for the update now.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #24
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It was always gonna be free. EA couldn't justify making the FUT kids mad about having to pay for another game, just to have to pay even more on packs. And that is why we were never going to get a new standalone game.

EA has too many gamers hooked on paying hundreds/thousands of dollars on a game they already paid $60 for.
exactly....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »