Home

FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Available Now, For FIFA 18 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #25
Rookie

ComeAllWithin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Arrives Free on May 29, For FIFA 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I guess my only question as someone who only plays FIFA for career mode, will the world cup teams become available in that mode with the official kits or are we still stuck with only a handful of licensed teams.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
This. This is my chief concern. I sure hope we won't have to start a new career to incorporate the extra national teams. Anyone hear any news about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Content Update Arrives Free on May 29, For FIFA 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAllWithin
This. This is my chief concern. I sure hope we won't have to start a new career to incorporate the extra national teams. Anyone hear any news about this?
Based on the past experience with me starting a career mode when the first game came out- some of the 3rd kits were not available until I restarted the career over from the beginning.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #27
Rookie

As far as qualifying not being incorporated the qualifying already existed in the career mode but I don't believe this is really just the stadiums, kits, and boots with updated rosters for the 32 teams in the tourney. Unfortunately that means that the updates with the exceptions of boots which can be purchased probably won't fall into any current career modes so it will be just like the Women's World Cup mode they had in the last game.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAllWithin
I'm not sure, but I don't think the extra national teams will be available in career mode. They'll probably be only available in the world cup mode. Why would you continue playing with national teams in your career mode when the world cup mode is available?
Old 05-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedred
I'm not sure, but I don't think the extra national teams will be available in career mode. They'll probably be only available in the world cup mode. Why would you continue playing with national teams in your career mode when the world cup mode is available?
Because "schedules". It's kind of a storyline when it's into the career, with the world cups, friendlies, qualifiers and continental cups. Even if presentation sucks.

And I agree that the new teams will most probably not be present in career mode, because it would require the main game to have a new db which would unutilize any existing saved game.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #30
Rookie

TJ Henderson's Arena

I've created a petition here for the game to fully feature all teams and qualifying.

Please help by signing and sharing.

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-...share_petition
Old 05-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
Because "schedules". It's kind of a storyline when it's into the career, with the world cups, friendlies, qualifiers and continental cups. Even if presentation sucks.

And I agree that the new teams will most probably not be present in career mode, because it would require the main game to have a new db which would unutilize any existing saved game.
Do you think though (maybe I missed it earlier) that if our CM had a WC tournament set up after qualifying, that we can recreate this within the WC DLC? So teams in the DLC won't be available in CM but existing teams in Fifa 18 would be available to use in WC. While not ideal, if I go through the hassle of qualifying China in my CM, it would be nice to be able to play the tournament twice, once through the original game and its blander presentation, and once through the new game with the stadia, pomp and or circumstance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #32
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just FYI. You will not be able to pre-download, it will arrive through the normal title update process. The file size is 5.6GB for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. It weighs in at 1.3GB for Nintendo Switch.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »