Home

New FIFA 18 Player- How to Make the Most of It

This is a discussion on New FIFA 18 Player- How to Make the Most of It within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New FIFA 18 Player- How to Make the Most of It

Helpful thread,
Guys today I am here because i want help actually Fifa world cup 2018 is restricted in my region that is why I am very tensed, Today I found this source: https://www.reviewsdir.com/watch-fifa-2018-live-online/ I don't know anything about VPN so please suggest me which VPN I can buy?
Old 05-24-2018, 01:15 AM   #10
Yak
Just started!

Yak's Arena

if anyone is up for a friendly PSN: yakoob16
Old 05-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #11
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Just wanted to post an update to this thread. Thank you everyone for all the great advice!!! I'm really having a blast with FIFA 18. Finally understand and am beginning to enjoy my manager career with Arsenal. Halfway through my first season I'm pushing the top of the table and have a big transfer of David Alaba lined up.

Getting good at Professional difficulty and looking to move up soon. Thanks again and looking forward to the World Cup DLC

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini_Boy18
-Youth Academy: In order to pass certain Youth Development objectives it is wise to hire a Youth Scout (found in the Office screen) to look for aspiring talent for your club. Generally a scout with a higher experience and judgement rating will find better talent. Asia is the cheapest region to scout for some reason with Central Europe and South America being the most expensive. I would suggest looking for players that are "physically strong" because they usually develop better than other player types. Each month you will get a report from your scouts about players they have found, and you can choose which players to sign or not. Try to sign players with potential to have an OVR in the 80's or 90's, and are worth at least a certain amount when they are scouted (for me it's $200,000 which is around 56 OVR). Anything less and the player will take too long to develop.

-Training: Take advantage of the player training option on the central main menu. Typically it makes the most sense to train younger players with lots of potential and youth academy players. Goalkeepers are easier to train than other positions because they have the least categories which affects their OVR.
Great bit of insight, thanks.

I have a few questions. The main one is should i loan out young players that won't feature for me or am i better off keeping them and training them until they're ready? I play as Leeds if this makes any difference.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #13
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Very helpful thread!

I really appreciate everyone's insight here. I am also a big franchise/dynasty guy and really just got started with FIFA 18. I actually decided to start with ultimate team, and I am really enjoying it. Although, being the franchise guy that I am, I am really curious to try some career mode.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #14
Rookie

face2face's Arena

just started a cm with fulham,,we'll see if I can make it to the premier league
Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTrav
Great bit of insight, thanks.

I have a few questions. The main one is should i loan out young players that won't feature for me or am i better off keeping them and training them until they're ready? I play as Leeds if this makes any difference.
Sorry about taking so long to reply, I don't check this website too often anymore.

Since you are playing as Leeds, I'm assuming most of your first team players and bench players are rated from the high 60's to the mid 70's in OVR. I would keep and train the young players who you think could make an impact this coming season and loan out the rest. Any young player who could realistically get to 70 OVR in one season would be perfect to train. That way they will get some decent playing time in your first team and you won’t have to train them anymore or as often. Usually I stop training players once they get in the 70’s and focus on other players unless I’m managing a top level team like Manchester United where they would still not get any playing time because everyone else is too good.

There are some issues with loaning players because you cannot guarantee they will get playing time and they may not improve much at all. This year it seems players going on loan only improve +1/+2 OVR in a season. Also it can be difficult because it may take a while for a team to offer to take your young players on loan, and for some reason players keep blocking loan moves because they “couldn’t agree to contract terms” even though there is nothing to negotiate unlike in past FIFA’s. This may sound discouraging, but it is better than letting your young players rot their potential away on the bench. Also you could still train them once they get back from their loan the next season.

If you only have a few young players (less than five) then I would definitely keep and train them all, if you have more than five, try to loan your worst players or sell them because it’s impossible to train everyone to their potential, or even to a rotation level player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #16
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Just wanted to provide an update on the original post. I'm thoroughly enjoying FIFA 18 Career Mode and after the World Cup I feel like I have a decent understanding of the mechanics and strategy of the sport. FIFA is such a well crafted and well presented product compared to some of the other sports games I've played recently. Couldn't be happier. Thank you everyone!

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »