Home

Resting Players Over the Course of a Season

This is a discussion on Resting Players Over the Course of a Season within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Resting Players Over the Course of a Season

I’m at the beginning of a 2018 FIFA franchise and I had a question regarding season long player fatigue. I recall in a past 2016 FIFA franchise that by the end of the EPL season my players were so fatigued what with all the outside tournament games and such that their energy bars were at about 60% and I couldn’t even beat teams at the bottom of the table in an EPL match.

Obviously, the solution would be to sit guys out so they are better rested. My question is how much rest do they need, i.e. once every X games or so? What is the ‘magic’ number to solve for X?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Resting Players Over the Course of a Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
I’m at the beginning of a 2018 FIFA franchise and I had a question regarding season long player fatigue. I recall in a past 2016 FIFA franchise that by the end of the EPL season my players were so fatigued what with all the outside tournament games and such that their energy bars were at about 60% and I couldn’t even beat teams at the bottom of the table in an EPL match.

Obviously, the solution would be to sit guys out so they are better rested. My question is how much rest do they need, i.e. once every X games or so? What is the ‘magic’ number to solve for X?

Thanks.

I usually have an A squad and a B squad. Goalies usually don't need much rest, but i try to have a team to play league games and a separate squad that plays cups.

In general though it really depends on your players. Some guys can go every game and some guys can barely make it 70 minutes of a game.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

If you rest a player in one match, he will be 100% fit in the next game - always. And this isn't even needed if there's a full week gap between games.

I usually rest some of the players if there's an important game 3 days after the one I'm about to play. And sometimes I throw a reserve squad in for national cups against ****ty teams. And if a player has energy below 80ish% for any game, I just don't use him, because he won't play that well anyway and this will make him be fully rested for the next one.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 06-11-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm thinking I can't always go with completely different A and B squads since, for example, I would want all of my best players for EPL and Champions League play. But the 80% number is good to know so I can work out some sort of rotation to stay above that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »