Home

FIFA 19 Major Takeaways From EA’s Press Conference

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Major Takeaways From EA’s Press Conference within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 19 Major Takeaways From EA’s Press Conference

Fresh off a somewhat disappointing World Cup DLC, EA took to the stage first at E3...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 Major Takeaways From EA’s Press Conference

Their press conference basically sounded like, "We just released FREE DLC for the World Cup!!!!!!! ...but what we aren't going to mention is how it is full of bugs and you can't even play it without your game freezing up"

19 sounds fine, but there's not much different form 18 from what they've said so far and we all know career mode isn't going to get touched.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Their press conference basically sounded like, "We just released FREE DLC for the World Cup!!!!!!! ...but what we aren't going to mention is how it is full of bugs and you can't even play it without your game freezing up"

19 sounds fine, but there's not much different form 18 from what they've said so far and we all know career mode isn't going to get touched.
There were a few interesting points they brought out that would be nice to see. If the 50/50 ball thing works as we hope maybe this will be a nice upgrade to what we see now. Still, I worry that the 'reacting' to the ball will be improved, when winning that 50/50 ball a CPU player will make a pinpoint pass/clearance too often. There's an element of pass ability x effort to get to the ball x opposing player challenging x distance of clearance/pass = accuracy/pace of pass that seems missing in the game vs what you see/do in real life (though at my age I just pull out of 50/50 challenges! )

But I will do what I always do, wait until the fine people of this community get their hands on the released game and the first 5-10 updates that drastically change the gameplay before I make a purchase
Old 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

The timed finished shots sounds even worse then the driven pass feature they introduced a few years back. I am not sure what else Fifa needs to do with shooting besides just tweaking it, not sure adding this feature really helps. It definitely seems intended for online players like you stated but I can already seeing this getting a patch in someway within the first month of release. Other than that I find all the other features sound promising especially them completely redoing the tactics system, really interested in seeing how this plays out for the AI especially.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah timed finishing seems like a horrible idea. It's definitely for online play/FUT because shooting is very overpowering with boosted stats. I heard there might be an option to turn it off for offline play.

I'm also really excited about the new(PES) tactics system. Hopefully, it'll also make it easier for EA to really differentiate between teams and their style of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Looking forward to PES2019 than FIFA, EA needs a major facelift and change to this series!

It's officially gotten stale.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'd like to see the managers they've added have their real life tactics be a part of whatever team they are managing. I'd like to see CM managers also get fired and rehired from a pool, carrying their styles with them. Also, please have them retire. It seems like EA does too little to create a world in which the CM moves. It's always about our input into a mostly static world. Makes it hard to stay immersed into it.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #8
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
The timed finished shots sounds even worse then the driven pass feature they introduced a few years back. I am not sure what else Fifa needs to do with shooting besides just tweaking it, not sure adding this feature really helps. It definitely seems intended for online players like you stated but I can already seeing this getting a patch in someway within the first month of release. Other than that I find all the other features sound promising especially them completely redoing the tactics system, really interested in seeing how this plays out for the AI especially.
it is intended for online players which I am a FIFA only online type of player.. but I don't want this. these things just make it more fast pace and arcade like when playing online. I mean i still play it because it's fun though but I wish they wouldn't even make it more easier to score and do things like this and go the other direction. the driven shot last year once people figured how to do it was like an automatic goal basically online

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »