Home

I was selected to World Cup roster in career mode but can't play in it???

This is a discussion on I was selected to World Cup roster in career mode but can't play in it??? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was selected to World Cup roster in career mode but can't play in it???

This is frustrating me to no end and I'm praying someone here can help me...

I'm playing in career mode, just came to the end of my regular season and got notification I was selected for the US World Cup squad. But, I never saw a game listed on my calendar. I checked the standing/stats and saw WC play had already begun and stats were available for every team but the US. I backed out and reloaded my season. I advanced the calendaroping it would Pop up this time only to be taken straight into the next club season with no sign of a World Cup game ever. I've tried just about everything I can think of and nothing is working so far.

Solution anyone???

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Edit:
I read somewhere the CPU randomly selects only two teams between the US, Canada, and Mexico. I just went to WC stats again and saw both Canada and Mexico are playing even though I was told I was selected for the U.S. team. I'm so confused...

Last edited by Rob Bec; 07-18-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I was selected to World Cup roster in career mode but can't play in it???

Yeah i hate that there is only. 3 concaf teams in the game
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: I was selected to World Cup roster in career mode but can't play in it???

It may be a hiccup in how they can code these things in this mode, such that squads that don't make a tournament are still forced to let the player know if they were selected for the national team. It would be more concerning to me if part of the mode's goals were to make the national team and your nation did go to a tournament with you being selected but then the games not show. I just assume there have to work with some limitations in coding and this pops up. Hopefully you'll lead the US to glory during the next tournament though!

I mentioned before it really sucks that we could actually sort player by nationality and countries without an international team in the game have enough players to allow for it. It would be great if they allowed us at the outset of a player mode or career mode to create more national teams, even if we have limitations on color schemes for kits and flags, and assign them to conferences. Have generic 'tournament' selection where now Concacaf could play a 4-team tournament (or if you have the 3 out of the box and made three others, you select a hex). If I'm remembering qualification in EU in the game is just a 6 team group that would be made up of teams already in the game anyway, so that capability could be done in other federations. But I'm wishin' to EA again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »