Home

Wish List Items for Career Mode in 2019

This is a discussion on Wish List Items for Career Mode in 2019 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4
Wish List Items for Career Mode in 2019

Every year I play the FIFA career mode there are a few things I wish it had. A short list would be;

1. Editable Youth League Players. It would be nice to be able to change their features (hair, facial hair, etc.).
2. Re-work the Job Openings feature. I swear everytime I look at the list of job openings it is at least 3 teams from the current league I play in and basically every team in another league. Seems a bit unrealistic.
3. Add a "tag" feature while in game. Player keeps scoring on you and you want to scout him or add him to the transfer hub? It would be cool if you could do this while in game.
4. More options for what your manager looks like.

I am sure there are a few more I have, but I can't think of them right now. What are yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wish List Items for Career Mode in 2019

Honestly It’s probably too late for most of these to be added to FIFA 19, but would be great for future FIFA games.

Training: I hate how there are only five slots to train players so your youth academy players end up never developing because they never play, and you don’t have enough time to train them all. It also seems kind of “boosty” in the way it is currently set up. What I would suggest is a screen where you can choose up to 3 attributes for every player on your squad to work on in training. These will vary from broad general categories like defending or attacking to something specific like marking or free kick accuracy. Depending on how hard each player works in training these attributes will increase, while it is possible others may go down if a player doesn’t work on them (and is in bad form). So as an example say you have a young CB that has a lot of potential. You would most likely want to increase his defending skills, strength, and possibly his heading accuracy. There should also be a maintenance attribute for players who don’t really need to improve anything in particular and for older players so they don’t decline as quickly.

Form: Players form should have more to do with a player’s OVR rating. Simply if a player is in good form his attributes should increase slightly, and if he is in bad form they should go down slightly. If a player is in good form for a long enough time the increase in attributes should continue to go up. It should in theory be possible for some random League 2 player to become a star in the Premier League (ex. Jamie Vardy), and for a Premier League star to become a League 2 player over the span of a few seasons. It should be possible for a player like Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to play at a high level into his 40’s if he has good form.

Reserve Team: There should be an opportunity for my players who don’t get a lot of playing time to play meaningful football on a reserve team so they can improve, or at least maintain the same level of play. This would be especially be helpful for youth players who don’t usually get a chance to play first team minutes.

Youth Academy Scouting: I think it would be more realistic if scouting was more like recruiting in the NCAA Football games where you would have to scout players from different countries, and they would be given a star rating from 1-5, and have to compete against other teams to sign them. Naturally 5 star players would be more likely to go to bigger clubs than 1 star players, but it should be possible to find diamonds in the rough and for better players to be busts.

Transfers: I should be able to shop players I don’t need for transfers and loans. I should be able to tell my players that I don’t need them and ask them to give me a list of teams they would like to go to so we can make a deal for them as soon as possible. Transfers should have the opportunity to be negotiated over time like in real life. I should be able to unsettle players from other smaller clubs so I would pressure their club into selling me their player, but larger clubs than mine can do the same thing. I should be able to buy players that are currently on loan and loan players I have just bought immediately.

Email: I should be able to email a player back if they emailed me. An example would be Youth Academy Player X feels he is in good form and wants to start the next game. I should be able to answer A) Yes you will start next game B) You will be on the bench the next game, but I’ll try to put you in the game at some point C) I can’t play you next game but you will definitely start (game within the next month) D) No you will not play in the next game. Each response should affect the player’s mood and possibly determine if he wants to stay at the club. If I promise to do something for a player there should be a reminder on the screen before you start a game that you promised Youth Academy Player X that they would start that game, in case you forgot.

Press Conferences: The manager should have to do a press conference after every game like in The Journey, where each answer affects the manager’s personality, which may affect the manager’s rating over time.

Youth Academy Customization: I should be able to change youth academy player’s names and positions so I don’t have 4 players on my team with the same last name, and I don’t end up with 6’6 RB’s if I don’t use full backs in my formation.

More Tactics Options: I usually play in a 3-4-3 formation, but in tight games where I have the lead I often switch to a 4-4-2. I should be able to have an alternate formation with its own tactics loaded in game so I don’t have to change my tactics every time when I change formation. Also I should control where I want specific players to stand during set pieces and on kickoffs etc.

Rivalry Meter: It would be fun to start rivalries with other clubs and possibly beating them could be added to the domestic success section for club expectations.

Coaching Carousel: Managers from other clubs should be fired and hired in game, so the same manager doesn’t manage the same club for 15 seasons, and maybe this will increase transfers so their players will better fit the manager’s style of football. I should also have the ability to hire/ fire assistant managers.

Upgrading Stadiums: I should be able to add seating and other amenities to my stadium and training facilities to improve fan experience, and attract better players to my club. It would make sense to be able to take a generic stadium like Town Park and increase its capacity to 30,000+ in my style if I want too. Facilities such as the gym, and training grounds should be given a star rating that can be upgraded over time if you spend money to make it better, thus keeping your current players happier and making it easier to attract new players.

Headlines: I should see headlines from other leagues I don’t play in. It would be nice to know who won the Bundesliga, or the Copa del Rey, or who won promotion for all the English leagues, etc. I should also see when a manager is sacked.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

There's almost too many to list. I think Martini Boy did a great job above.

I'd love to get more than 1 team control, or at least play in more than 1 league during a season. Would be fun to "control" every team in Europe's big 4 leagues and maneuver transfers around!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Simply being able to see player stats from other non-related leagues as well as prior years would be awesome. As it is, I take a snapshot of all my stats at the end of each season so I can track it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-31-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Awesome list martini!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

That take on Youth Academy scouting sounds great I would really like to see that.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini_Boy18
Honestly It’s probably too late for most of these to be added to FIFA 19, but would be great for future FIFA games.

More Tactics Options: I usually play in a 3-4-3 formation, but in tight games where I have the lead I often switch to a 4-4-2. I should be able to have an alternate formation with its own tactics loaded in game so I don’t have to change my tactics every time when I change formation. Also I should control where I want specific players to stand during set pieces and on kickoffs etc.
I heard that fifa 19 will allow you to choose alternate formations with its own tactics that can be selected with the dpad. I would also like to see player form play a bigger role in career mode like in PES.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Literally just fix the broken youth player weak foot/work rates and I'll be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »