Home

Why Does Fifa Release at the End of September When EPL Starts in Early August?

This is a discussion on Why Does Fifa Release at the End of September When EPL Starts in Early August? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2018, 07:02 PM   #17
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why Does Fifa Release at the End of September When EPL Starts in Early August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
PES dropped the ball big-time that year. To have to wait over a month after release to have official rosters was/is inexcusable.
I played PES for a couple of years leading up to FIFA 18 and it was always slow to update transfers after the winter window.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:26 AM   #18
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why Does Fifa Release at the End of September When EPL Starts in Early August?

Probably also want to space it out from the world cup content every few years. They used to release another game for the world cup so it would be pretty crazy to release 2 FIFAs within a few months of each other
Old 08-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #19
Rookie

TexasBallCoach's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Probably don't want to release it so close to when Madden releases. It's all about the money my friend.
^This right here
Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #20
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Probably don't want to release it so close to when Madden releases. It's all about the money my friend.
I assume it's for financial reasons. Most things are when it comes to decisions like this. But what has me totally confused, is why nba live and nba 2k come out in September.

Am I crazy for thinking they used to come out in November years past? The only sports game that comes out later in the year is nhl.

If 2k puts out their game in September, Ea has to with live. But why ea doesn't flip FIFA in front of nba live is confusing, especially since basketball season doesn't start for a while, and soccer around the world will be 1 or more months past the season starting point when it releases.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear Madden came out around the 12th of August, FIFA came out 2nd week of September, and NBA live came out in November.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Why Does Fifa Release at the End of September When EPL Starts in Early August?

Man! I promise I JUST opened this forum with the exact same thing in mind. Most sports games coincide with the start of the real life season.

So why do we get basketball before soccer? FIFA used to come out before Live and 2K every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Man! I promise I JUST opened this forum with the exact same thing in mind. Most sports games coincide with the start of the real life season.

So why do we get basketball before soccer? FIFA used to come out before Live and 2K every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Here's an even goofer layer to this new way of doing things....NHL 19 is out before FIFA! LOL!
I think satellites are going to fall out of orbit. It has to be a fiscal quarter thing, where EA wants to make their first quarter sports heavey for it's cash gain, then release Battlefield and other games later in the year. Other than that I have no clue why they are doing it like this.
It's also possible, it's moving towards non year iterations of sports games, where you get the games and updates year round. Think a mixture of Minecraft and Fortnite. No more yearly release dates. Ea Access will be a yearly subscription to get sports games, and they will give fresh material 3xs a year. But that's just a theory as to why they are all coming out at the same time. Who knows, lol.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #23
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't see this ever changing honestly, as it continues to be profitable for them at this date.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I don't see this ever changing honestly, as it continues to be profitable for them at this date.
It depends on how they price it, and they would have microtransations sprinked in. Think of the "catalog," where they have the financial take over and Jerseys to buy with FIFA coins. Add more jerseys, cleats, financial take overs, scout a top player, each sells for x amount of dollars. Kind of like MLB the Show but for FIFA. It doesn't seem like much, but if EA sells Messi's new cleats for a $1.00......that could be a million right there lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »