Home

FIFA19 BETA Discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA19 BETA Discussion within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #33
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA19 BETA Discussion

I'm actually impressed with this beta so far after playing it some this weekend. Usually the FIFA demo's gameplay to me is super fast and very arcade like in years past and horrible compared to the actual game. not this year. I was really impressed with the PES 19 beta online 1 v 1 but also I'm impressed with playing FIFA 19 demo offline vs CPU so far.

I'm really loving the head ball feature to the ground with L1 + R1... Timed finishing I really don't fully get and not sure if I like it or not yet. What i do know is since this feature is in FIFA 19 it has taken away the ability to the do for sure goal driven shot by double tapping shoot even if you have this feature turned off or on. however, you can now do low shots with L1 + R1 which probably replaces that but haven't tested it fully.

Last edited by stevostl; 08-13-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'm sure re-gens are still in the game. They'd have to completely redo their player generating systems to get rid of re-gens and we all know they do the least amount of work possible on the game every year so the chances of them redoing it all are basically 0.

which was the last fifa which had real-regens...or was it pes? i really can remember early soccer games, where i was just waiting for those old top-players to retire so i can buy them, though they were pretty expensive afaik.

i had a fifa-career in the past fifa-titles on 5th or 6th season ongoing where half of the squad was unknown, most even shared the same pictures. That's basically the end of the game. I don't see any fun in it tbh.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #35

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
I'm really loving the head ball feature to the ground with L1 + R1... Timed finishing I really don't fully get and not sure if I like it or not yet. What i do know is since this feature is in FIFA 19 it has taken away the ability to the do for sure goal driven shot by double tapping shoot even if you have this feature turned off or on. however, you can now do low shots with L1 + R1 which probably replaces that but haven't tested it fully.
I'm admittedly not very good at the game, but for the life of me I cannot figure out Timed Finishing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #36
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
It looks like /most/ competition logos on shirts are dynamic. I tested out a few leagues and with the old kits having static competition logos it has the new ones 'pasted' over the top. So it's possible dynamic competition logos will finally exist.
is this true for newly promoted and relegated teams? I'm hearing mixed feedback about this.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #37

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
is this true for newly promoted and relegated teams? I'm hearing mixed feedback about this.
It's hard to tell, some leagues have "pasted" logos on last years kits. There's no way for me to tell if it happens for every team/league right now as I sadly have limited time.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #38
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
It's hard to tell, some leagues have "pasted" logos on last years kits. There's no way for me to tell if it happens for every team/league right now as I sadly have limited time.
I know the kits are not updated in the beta so maybe thats why they're pasted over being that they were static in 18. I just heard from a YouTuber that no, league patches will not change for newly promoted or relegated team but who knows? Be a bummer if not as it has always bugged me.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #39
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
I'm admittedly not very good at the game, but for the life of me I cannot figure out Timed Finishing.
If you just double-tap like the old way of doing driven ground shots, you'll probably hit about 1/4 of em.

I actually love the feature just because then it adds a realistic amount of shot error when you don't time it right!
Old 08-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #40
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Is there still no option for firing on/off for Career Mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »