Home

Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features

This is a discussion on Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features

After a pretty entertaining World Cup, it's time to prepare ourselves for the incoming onslaught of...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features

Beta player here. I can answer some of the questions you posed.

I can confirm that Dynamic Tactics is a game changer (at least in single player). The big question right now that's tough to tell is just how much and well the CPU uses them. But different tactical setups are clearly recognized now, and the CPU definitely uses different ones based on game situations, though whether problems surface the more we play, we shall see. Also, I don't think CPU teams adjust their prematch tactics depending on players at their disposal or the opposition, which is a shame. But it's a massive change for the user side and super fun to play with.

Timed finishing is the biggest concern right now. As it is, it's OP. Shooting in general is OP, and there's really no need to use it. The good news is it's optional and so CM players can choose whether to bother with it. Best thing about it is if you miss, there's some great error on those shots. I fully expect this to be tweaked for the full release.

Both active touch and 50-50 battles are both great additions and slight disappointments. When they happen, they're a fantastic addition. Active touch though feels a little undercooked for me and not as impactful as I'd hoped. That said, there's a lot of new classy touches happening that bridge that gap between PES and FIFA in terms of silky class. I just wish there was more, though this might be one of those additions that's not see easy to notice but has a big yet subtle impact.

50-50 battles is great but inconsistent. Players in general are far more aware and active to loose balls, and the physical game (though there's still hardly any fouls called) is an improvement. But there's still issues with the ball falling to attacking players in the box too often, and successful tackles still too frequently end up with the ball going to the dribbler (which I'd though they said they fixed). It's a great addition when it works, but hopefully this - along with active touch - will be improved and polished for the full release.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Never had a beta invite, but I wonder, if the beta forums are one of the few places where they're likely to take notice of feedback, has anyone ever brought up the issue with the ball size?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Never had a beta invite, but I wonder, if the beta forums are one of the few places where they're likely to take notice of feedback, has anyone ever brought up the issue with the ball size?
I've not seen it mentioned, and who knows what EA is doing with the feedback. As you can imagine, it's a ton of rubbish to wade through.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4
Fouls.* THat's always been the achilles heel of any FIFA OR PES game.* Fouls that lead to PK's is a close second.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
Fouls.* THat's always been the achilles heel of any FIFA OR PES game.* Fouls that lead to PK's is a close second.*
What's weird Paul is that some years fouls work really well (FIFA 16, PES 2014) but then there are some years where they're completely non-existent (PES 2015-2017/18, FIFA 15 for example).

Appreciate the insight ImmortalMindz!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »