Home

Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

This is a discussion on Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #73
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

KG & Zac - I think you guys are both right honestly.

On one hand, I'd argue that you could make the case that previous CMs (or MM as it was back then) were deeper. As Zac pointed out, there's a number of features that we once had that aren't around any longer.

One thing that Zac didn't mention but was one of my all time favorites was the inclusion of Creation Centre. You could not only create an entire club and design their kits, crests, etc., but you could also scan your face in and there was an interesting path for developing your player separate from the usual growth system.

It wasn't perfect but I loved Creation Centre. I'm actually surprised they haven't brought it back 'cause I'd imagine people would go nuts if you had the option to play yourself in FUT and have your own FUT player card.

Back on topic, I think KG is right too though, in that while maybe we don't have as many features now as we once did, I'd argue that the implementation is better. The bar was very low so that's not saying much - and IMO the player training feature is terrible and the interactive negotiation cut scenes not much better - but I think you could at least say that transfers is vastly superior than it once was, and that's hugely important.

I don't think it's as simple as just saying if we had all that they've removed we'd have a much better CM, because the truth is that most of the old features were really really poorly implemented.

Regardless, ultimately we have a mode that is terribly shallow, doesn't replicate the experience of what running a club could look like, and is horribly below what you'd expect for 2018.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #74
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
It wasn't perfect but I loved Creation Centre. I'm actually surprised they haven't brought it back 'cause I'd imagine people would go nuts if you had the option to play yourself in FUT and have your own FUT player card.
I was at E3 a few years back, FIFA 16 I'm pretty sure. The EA rep I spoke to at that time didn't even know what Creation Centre was. Granted, these booth guys are probably just talking heads, but pretty disheartening for the future of CC nonetheless.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #75
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
I'd argue training is worse. And youth is still just as bad as its ever been.

And not mentioning the two you did, practice and carousel...

In the PS2/3 days we had:
Sponsors
Stadium management
Financial management (ticket pricing etc)
A staff
You could upgrade/improve/hire new staff
Additional funds requests to the board
Playing friendlies, and choosing who you play.
Form of a player used to mean something.
Internal memos, which were emails from fans, staff and board talking about how things were going, etc. Not just the cut/dry stuff we have now, and how you reacted effected the teams form/morale.
Loan to buy offers when making a transfer.
At one point there was an XP system and you could train players to improve how you wanted.
End of season awards, team of the season.
Transfer sagas, players unhappy and asking to leave.

This is just off the top of my head.

All of that was in the game from 05-13, and all had been removed by 14.
If we still had this stuff, yes combined with the minimal things they've done, it would be amazing. But as it stands now its very flat and not very engaging.
Firstly, that's a HELL of a list off the top of your head.

They def removed some of those things to make disc space for other modes, stadiums, etc... but a lot of those things you mentioned were terribly broken and/or sacrificed for realism/legal issues.

There's no way that say, Chelsea, would EVER let you change their main kit sponsor. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that PES still allows for option files for this same reason. Same thing with the stadium management, I don't think, with all the work they've put in for recreating stadiums, that they would let you add another 20k seats to Stamford Bridge. Maybe one of their generic stadiums though.

A staff would cool, at least a technical director although you could say that the scouts (global/youth) sort of comprise one.

I always thought asking for additional funds was kind of unrealistic. You'd go to the board while you're sitting top of the table and ask them for millions more for winning the league when it should be expected of you at that point.

I think I'd rather have these preseason tournaments (FIFA 19 does them MORE right than PES 2019) than the older preseason friendlies but it would be a cool feature to bring back.

Form still does mean something in FIFA, just not to the extremes of PES. I wish there was a chemistry/team spirit/team cohesion rating in FIFA though. A team like 15/16 Leicester is basically impossible in FIFA.

Loan to buys would be cool but the transfer/loan system is MILES ahead of what it used to be. You used to have to pray that someone would take your kids on loan but so far in my test '19 CM I've seen players ask for loans to get more minutes and in-general haven't had any issues loaning out ~70 OVR rated players or so.

That old training system was highly exploitable. You could train a player in his late twenties and make him find the fountain of youth.

Transfer sagas still happen. I've had plenty of players force moves out over the years in FIFA. I've had the board sell players because the profits were too good to turn down.

CM definitely could and should be better but a lot of the work was behind-the-scenes (getting transfers right, addressing CPU roster management which used to be horrible, etc...).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #76
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
I'd argue training is worse. And youth is still just as bad as its ever been.

And not mentioning the two you did, practice and carousel...

In the PS2/3 days we had:
Sponsors
Stadium management
Financial management (ticket pricing etc)
A staff
You could upgrade/improve/hire new staff
Additional funds requests to the board
Playing friendlies, and choosing who you play.
Form of a player used to mean something.
Internal memos, which were emails from fans, staff and board talking about how things were going, etc. Not just the cut/dry stuff we have now, and how you reacted effected the teams form/morale.
Loan to buy offers when making a transfer.
At one point there was an XP system and you could train players to improve how you wanted.
End of season awards, team of the season.
Transfer sagas, players unhappy and asking to leave.

This is just off the top of my head.

All of that was in the game from 05-13, and all had been removed by 14.
If we still had this stuff, yes combined with the minimal things they've done, it would be amazing. But as it stands now its very flat and not very engaging.

They def removed some of those things to make disc space for other modes, stadiums, etc... but a lot of those things you mentioned were terribly broken and/or sacrificed for realism/legal issues.

There's no way that say, Chelsea, would EVER let you change their main kit sponsor. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that PES still allows for option files for this same reason. Same thing with the stadium management, I don't think, with all the work they've put in for recreating stadiums, that they would let you add another 20k seats to Stamford Bridge. Maybe one of their generic stadiums though.

A staff would cool, at least a technical director although you could say that the scouts (global/youth) sort of comprise one.

I always thought asking for additional funds was kind of unrealistic. You'd go to the board while you're sitting top of the table and ask them for millions more for winning the league when it should be expected of you at that point.

I think I'd rather have these preseason tournaments (FIFA 19 does them MORE right than PES 2019) than the older preseason friendlies but it would be a cool feature to bring back.

Form still does mean something in FIFA, just not to the extremes of PES. I wish there was a chemistry/team spirit/team cohesion rating in FIFA though. A team like 15/16 Leicester is basically impossible in FIFA.

Loan to buys would be cool but the transfer/loan system is MILES ahead of what it used to be. You used to have to pray that someone would take your kids on loan but so far in my test '19 CM I've seen players ask for loans to get more minutes and in-general haven't had any issues loaning out ~70 OVR rated players or so.

That old training system was highly exploitable. You could train a player in his late twenties and make him find the fountain of youth.

Transfer sagas still happen. I've had plenty of players force moves out over the years in FIFA. I've had the board sell players because the profits were too good to turn down.

CM definitely could and should be better but a lot of the work was behind-the-scenes (getting transfers right, addressing CPU roster management which used to be horrible, etc...).
Old 09-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #77
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

I watched a video a few weeks backed that talked about most of them. Only reason they are fresh in my mind.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #78
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Sigh. all i want is adding some stuff to CM and the ability to join your pro club mid match, even if you're on the bench and 1 of the CPU players have to sub out. Thats it.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #79
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

I'm a career mode (and pro clubs) player in both FIFA and PES, I'm not at all surprised that it hasn't been touched in 19, just as long as it's free of bugs that 17 had then I may be OK with it if the game has decent pace after day 1 patch. CM 10 years ago was much deeper and funcitonal, same goes on older Madden's franchise mode.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #80
Rookie

If EA was smart they would just get rid of their XP points system and make all the boots, jerseys, celebrations, scout future star, etc. monetized. Since most of those are career mode additions it's basically micro-transactioning CM, and I would assume it would be easy and cheap to accomplish.

Think of it like Coca-Cola. Some people like Coke, so they will buy Coke, some people like Sprite, so they will buy Sprite, some people like Fanta so they will buy Fanta. Currently EA is putting all their eggs in one basket instead of diversifying their options to potentially attract more consumers of their product.

Essentially if they do that, and maybe make one or two additions to CM every year for marketing purposes, EA would have another source of revenue for FIFA (and essentially every other EA Sports game as well), and make more money (most likely profit) every year.

Knowing EA even if they did implement this they would probably abuse it by making us pay for things that are already in the game such as stadiums, and presentation packages

Last edited by Martini_Boy18; 09-24-2018 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »