Home

Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

This is a discussion on Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMuss
I'm just waiting for EA to require actual currency to transfer players in Career mode. "Add $20 Million to your transfer budget with this bonus pack for just $9.99*."

*Must purchase a new pack for each career mode save.
Great! Or maybe paying for save slots. Konami already tried that in metal gear. Anyway, buying virtual players with real money is already a thing, if this happens in CM as well, i'm simply out. I can live without the latest games and get my footy fix with pes 5 or modded fifa 16. It's not like they're irresistibly good anyway. EA can't quite figure out the ball size and basic animations, PES had better AI and master league mode 10 years ago.

Things I could tolerate: Real ads as part of some prematch tv-style presentation or maybe complete league/ stadium packs like racing games sell car & track packs. It's not like it's free now. It costs something like ~60$ every single year.

I don't expect anything like that though, the next big change is going to be service subscriptions more likely. That's EAs plan anyway.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-29-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #58
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think the trend is to spend development $'s on the modes that bring in extra $. A kick-*** CM won't pull people away from FUT but a kick-*** FUT will and has pulled people away from CM.
^^Fixed that for ya.

But seriously, just look at the need for AAA games to make extra cash off paid DLC. Games like God of War are the exception to the new reality of AAA games: the price tag of games has stayed the same over the last decade or so, while production costs have increased.

And so it only makes sense that games seek extra cash where they can, and prioritize whatever brings in that extra $.

I know it's an unpopular idea but personally I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for CM, if only so that EA will prioritize the mode again.

Because here's the cold hard truth: EA giving little love to CM is going to remain the status quo until they have reason to focus on it. And why would they, when FUT brings in a billion extra dollars? Honestly, with how much $$$ FUT rakes in, we're lucky CM is even still a thing.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:02 AM   #59
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
^^Fixed that for ya.

But seriously, just look at the need for AAA games to make extra cash off paid DLC. Games like God of War are the exception to the new reality of AAA games: the price tag of games has stayed the same over the last decade or so, while production costs have increased.

And so it only makes sense that games seek extra cash where they can, and prioritize whatever brings in that extra $.

I know it's an unpopular idea but personally I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for CM, if only so that EA will prioritize the mode again.

Because here's the cold hard truth: EA giving little love to CM is going to remain the status quo until they have reason to focus on it. And why would they, when FUT brings in a billion extra dollars? Honestly, with how much $$$ FUT rakes in, we're lucky CM is even still a thing.

There is only one that really has the power and it is the user!. No matter what we rightly criticize EA for, the state and development the game has taken because users want it (FUT is and was and continues to be a hit). And then we 4-5-6% represent SIM wishes and better CM here being dissatisfied and wishing improvements. And yes, EA could be "nice" to us poor CM user, but they are a company where earnings are their main task. So it may and should not wonder where the focus is and always will be where the money is. They never ever will put their money where their mouth is! (stop naivety in general, not you p..).

I agree that if it has to be changed, we must pay for an improved CM, do I think it is good development ?, no certainly not !. But it's the only way in this game. And to those who dream of a new game or developer, Unless an open source community would be created (many years long process), EA and Konami's road will just be the copied. There is only one clear signal that EA would understand, drop the game and save your money. But we do not want it (99.9% doesnt) because after all, we love this game too much, right?. I really have no problem with dreams and hope, but I have a lot with the annual naivety to EA.

Last edited by andanesean; 08-30-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #60

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
the price tag of games has stayed the same over the last decade or so, while production costs have increased.
This is the reality we live in, and unfortunately the one that most people are least willing to accept.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #61
Rookie

if the production costs did rise, the question is WHY? i mean, you have a finished game, ask for 60 bucks and next year you just 'modify' this game with tiny features, fixes and little updates and ask for another 60 bucks. Usually, u get a COMPLETE NEW GAME!

Reason1:
Look at how many people are involved in a game, twitter-manager, facebook-manager, community-manager, ESport-Managers, manger of the toilets and whatever managers there may still be LOL

Reason2:
Multiplayer, Server, ESports Events all this stuff costs a hell of money to keep it running for millions of people. Why should i pay for a mode i actually never play?

Last edited by TripleJay_X; 08-30-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
This is the reality we live in, and unfortunately the one that most people are least willing to accept.
Maybe because no one is actually providing numbers with the argument. It just sounds reasonable. I'd love to find out if the development cost will rise to match the projections that say that fifa will bring in more than $3 billion annually for EA in the next couple of years. I sure hope they can afford to make more than 5 manager faces for CM.

Yeah I do realise this is driven mostly by FUT, but at the end of the day we're just consumers, their annual report is not our concern. We'll all make a personal decision to buy the game or not, based on things like gameplay & game modes. That's all we can do & discuss.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-30-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #63
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I normally don’t condone hoping that someone loses their job, but I’m gonna make an exception, here. This is absolute garbage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C1EC3CF1-F69C-4806-940E-04542ECFB1F2.jpeg (446.5 KB, 172 views)
#WeAreND
Old 09-10-2018, 07:34 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I normally don’t condone hoping that someone loses their job, but I’m gonna make an exception, here. This is absolute garbage.

The truth and EA do not go hand in hand. Simply remove/replace the words reach(earn) and audience and then you have the truth. Even if he is a producer, he is still only wage slave. Once you have fired him there is an endless line of copies ready to continue the purpose of the peak - more earnings, more money. Virtually everything that comes from their pr machine also applies Konami should not be believed. Although he lies, he tells an important information. Now everyone knows where they stand for the future and CM. Makes it easier to drop the annual wish note here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »