Home

FIFA 19 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA 19 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here

The FIFA 19 EA Access trial is available for EA Access subscribers, exclusively for the Xbox...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: FIFA 19 Origin Access Premier Available Now - Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Just getting this thread started for the year. SteveOS, please move or migrate as necessary.

Just want to say this build is leaps and bounds better than both FIFA 18 and even the demo. Slow speed is actually slow this year. The ball size is fixed. Many more face scans. Disappointed with the lack of real managers in CM, but the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. I've seen things I could never have imagined would appear in a modern FIFA game. Even just scored off a header from a corner that went right by the keeper's punch.

Fouls are more frequent but still not where they should be. That's got to be my only real complaint so far. Even the catalogue on PC is full of boots and balls. Hopefully it will be updated throughout the year as consoles usually are.

Overall, very impressed.

Did you play the beta? If so, have you seen much improvement since then?
Old 09-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 19 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions Here

Queue it up here if you don’t see it in the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fi...ot:overviewtab
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Playing during clear daytime the shadow positioning of the stadium remains constant no matter the time of the day unlike in fifa 18. Playing at 6pm the sun still shines at the center of the pitch. So much for realism.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
Just getting this thread started for the year. SteveOS, please move or migrate as necessary.

Just want to say this build is leaps and bounds better than both FIFA 18 and even the demo. Slow speed is actually slow this year. The ball size is fixed. Many more face scans. Disappointed with the lack of real managers in CM, but the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. I've seen things I could never have imagined would appear in a modern FIFA game. Even just scored off a header from a corner that went right by the keeper's punch.

Fouls are more frequent but still not where they should be. That's got to be my only real complaint so far. Even the catalogue on PC is full of boots and balls. Hopefully it will be updated throughout the year as consoles usually are.

Overall, very impressed.
I'd be curious to hear what the difficulty level is like. Other early impressions are that it's as easy as ever, even on Ultimate difficulty.

I enjoyed the beta but not so much the demo. How do you think it's leaps and bounds better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

More fouls this year?
Old 09-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
I'd be curious to hear what the difficulty level is like. Other early impressions are that it's as easy as ever, even on Ultimate difficulty.

I enjoyed the beta but not so much the demo. How do you think it's leaps and bounds better?

I did not play the beta. I never seem to be invited by the EA Overlords.

Essentially, I find the gameplay to be much more varied than FIFA 18. There isn't a feeling of "ping pong" like there was from the off in FIFA 18. I can actually sustain a build up and press and then transition into either defense or frontline pressure. There are actual phases to the game.

I'd also like to mention that many legacy problems are fixed. The tactics screen actually shows you what you are implementing in terms of the tactics you choose and many many things in terms of UI have just been cleaned up and polished. The instructions screen and options are more varied than in 18.

In regards to the question of difficulty, yes it seems to be as easy as the game has always been. I have only tried World Class difficulty, though. Manual through balls and shots still have some level of assistance I believe also.

There is much more an element of physicality perhaps relating to RPM. A run or a sprint actually feel like a run or a sprint if that makes sense.

Still disappointed after another preseason game with the amount of fouls. They are there, but something that's bothered me the last two or three years is that EA have built this wonderful revamped free kick system, yet I never get the chance to use it direct on goal. Hoping it's just my play style and it will become easier to draw fouls.

Last edited by KTBFFH; 09-19-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Elaboration
Old 09-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz

WC seems pretty easy granted I’m playing on all semi assisted settings right now.

In my test CM for the OS review I’d drop in and play a few matchups vs a variety of clubs (City, United, some small Europa league squads) and I don’t think I lost yet. Definitely gave up some goals but I was able to score a decent amount of goals. I definitely noticed the difference in quality between clubs and City pressed me all match while United sat back more.

Tactics are AWESOME but I don’t know how accurate EA has set them up for all of the clubs. Kinda hard to judge too because a lot of clubs have new managers/systems.

FWIW I didn’t play the demo (was out of town) so I don’t have anything to compare it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »