Home

Beginner, love this game but I stink, HELP!!

This is a discussion on Beginner, love this game but I stink, HELP!! within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have picked up FIFA 19 via my Origin Premiere subscription. I figured I would give it a shot since I have seen so many people being obsessed with it over the years. Let me say one thing first, I LOVE THIS GAME!!

I have spent the last week out of the game watching games, reading up on Europe leagues, MLS, all kinds of stuff. This has became my new obsession I now have a better understanding of rules, transfers, how leagues work, etc. (Reason is, when you first turn on the game, all of that can be a little overwhelming in what is going on).

With all that being said, I am really bad at this game. I like to think of myself as a slightly above average gamer. After a little playing can get, at least, a small grasp of a game to feel like I have a solid control over it. Not this game. It could be a little where I am still getting used to how the game is played, but I could use some beginner tips in a major way.

I started on beginner and was scoring 10 goals in 10 minute half. That is not realistic. Bumped up to Professional and now can't even seem to get shots off on goal. Last night, moved down one step and still seem to have trouble. The CPU is consistently getting shots off, but I feel like I'm not even getting past midfield.

So any tips would be very welcome and appreciated from you guys that have been playing awhile. I'm not looking to dominate every game, I am just trying my best to feel like it is the teams that are beating me, not my lack of skill.
Thanks ahead of time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Beginner, love this game but I stink, HELP!!

easy quick tip: Stay at professional.
go to the sliders and lower the man marking for the CPU. (around 35)
and go from there: if it's too easy for you, increase the man marking, still too hard, lower it.
after a few games, you should find the right balance for you
Old 09-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Watch some fifa youtubers. You could improve by just watching them play and some of these youtubers provide all kinds of helpful tips.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for these early tips. I will move back up to Professional and find my sweet spot there.
Also, have been digging around YouTube this morning. Hope fully, I can get some good tips there also.

It's crazy how much I have gotten into this. It is one of those things where I wonder how I could have missed how great this sport is all this time. Anyways, thanks for the tips!!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Just stay with it and dont afraid to shoot from outside the box
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpw2189
Just stay with it and dont afraid to shoot from outside the box

Im also a youtube now a big one but i do livestream fifa alot haha
Old 09-25-2018, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

I feel the same as you. I got FIFA 18 a few months ago and I love it. I am excited to get 19 as well. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning a new game. Iíve been watching a ton of Youtube videos to try and figure it all out as well. From formations to tactics, there is a lot to learn, and I am enjoying every minute of it. I actually started a career with the Wolves and got fired because Iím trying to learn on the fly and was struggling to win. It was awesome.

Youtube has been really helpful as well as just some generic google searches on the best formations and tactics have been helpful to me. I have been playing on professional level and it has been tough at times. Although, I feel like I am getting better by the game.

Also, my wife got me PES 2019 for my birthday, and it is a great game as well. Iím having just as much fun with it. Iím still trying to decide which I like better. Iím leaning towards FIFA, but I need to check out 19 before I make my final decision.

Good luck to you. Let us know what you learn that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 09-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #8
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

You need to work the ball around and set up plays. Don't just run and gun up the pitch. Use L1/LB when passing to get the previous ball carrier to pass the ball and immediately go on a run and work the ball back to him when making runs. Make sure you play to the tactics you have set up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
NHL: Los Angeles Kings
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Soccer: Manchester City

PSN: Myk13
XB: Mmajam

Last edited by franch1se; 09-25-2018 at 04:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »