Home

Official FIFA 2019 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 2019 Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official FIFA 2019 Impressions

Full disclosure, I'm a casual footballer when to comes to FIFA so it's more about fun. Had a good experience with the demo, looking for feedback on the difference in retail v demo. Would like some feed back on "Timed Finishing" as well (although some believe it is a gimmick). Enjoyed taking and making those shots from outside the box.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Yep, not just that. Tottenham were making long passes, not just tiki taka. Several of their long passes missed. It felt like nothing I've seen in a FIFA game.
I am about to pass out. ������

I can’t wait to get home from work to play this game. I am also really looking forward to starting a career mode.

With this and NBA 2k19 I am in a good place!

Plus I have both on the switch too in addition to the Xbox one. I bought it on the switch mostly for on the go franchise play, experimentation and skills improvement. It sure is awesome to have it on the go like that. I don’t put too much pressure in them to be great on the switch.

FIFA 19 sounds awesome. Thanks for the insights.

Last edited by ZoneBlitz; 09-28-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is anyone else allowed to play on legendary? It keeps telling me unable to retrieve kickoff names data please try again. But anytime I plan on other difficulty it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hardly any fouls called at all

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #13
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

I just played a play now game between LA Galaxy and LAFC. The announcers just refer to LAFC as the away side. Never once did they sat LAFC. Not a huge deal, but EA does have the MLS license. To me, this is just lazy.

On a positive note, playing as LAFC, I had a 2-0 lead with about 20 minutes left and was playing keep away, knocking the ball around and the home crowd at Stub Hub Center was whistling and booing. The announcers noted that the home crowd was getting a bit restless.

Last edited by bigjdotcom01; 09-28-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Really liking it thus far. Immediately apparent that ball battles (the 50/50 ones) are more dynamic and realistic than previous entries.

Also liking that a lot of the annoying things I disliked about 18 are out. Finesse shots actually work again! Corners actually play out realistically!

I've heard that AI team building in Career mode is also much better this year. (OS Reviewer said as much). Hoping we dont see scenarios where United buys 10 world class strikers again + poor team selections before big matches like we saw in 18.

The champions league presentation is also a nice touch. I like how when I started up my City CM the real life groups were already built out.

Its still apparent that Career mode could use a shot in the arm .. would love to see the series with the customization thats found in the 2k sports titles and MLB the Show, but EA doesnt really focus on that for their franchise modes. (See Madden). It'd be great to control even just one other team in a save, for example.

Hoping that the improvements I've seen already continue to build off each other!
Old 09-29-2018, 02:03 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

some of games play really fast, too fast. and some are fine. not sure why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
some of games play really fast, too fast. and some are fine. not sure why.

i'm currently watching some career-mode videos for fifa19 just to see if there is really a change from the demo, tactics being used by AI, how the pace is etc.

I don't see much difference to the demo, the AI is mostly 'on fire' like in the demo but on some gameplayvideos they are a bit 'tactical'. it's bit strange, yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »