Home

Editing the CPU's Custom Tactics not working

This is a discussion on Editing the CPU's Custom Tactics not working within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #9
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Editing the CPU's Custom Tactics not working

Related or unrelated, I'm not sure, but formations aren't working, either. I changed Arsenal to use a 4-3-3 Flat which uses 2 CMs and no CDM, started Career Mode as Man City to test it out and CPU controlled Arsenal still started Elneny who is a CDM. For some reason, this game wants every team to start a CDM no matter what the formation calls for.
#WeAreND
Old 10-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #10
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Related or unrelated, I'm not sure, but formations aren't working, either. I changed Arsenal to use a 4-3-3 Flat which uses 2 CMs and no CDM, started Career Mode as Man City to test it out and CPU controlled Arsenal still started Elneny who is a CDM. For some reason, this game wants every team to start a CDM no matter what the formation calls for.
But he can play CM, also, so that's more of a selection issue than a determined to have a literal CDM role type of issue.

With any career mode testing, I always urge everyone to make sure they're using the customized squads, as when you first start career mode it automatically downloads the most updated if you don't have them.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Interesting because last night I tried to play Arsenal as a sit back and play long team, didn't change their formation though and had Ramsey as a deep lying CM (not sure if it was a CDM in the formation) and no Elneny on the pitch. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow with some test Careers to see what the lineups look like by default and what shows up on the pitch, then try to make changes before starting career and see what happens there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
But he can play CM, also, so that's more of a selection issue than a determined to have a literal CDM role type of issue.

With any career mode testing, I always urge everyone to make sure they're using the customized squads, as when you first start career mode it automatically downloads the most updated if you don't have them.

True, but if you set it for 2 CMs, the players with CM as their first position should get the nod. It was the first match of the year, so no match ratings would have affected anything. I was using my customized squad, so that wasn't the issue with me. Also, why the hell can we still not edit a guy to BE a regular CM? We can only do CAM, CDM, LM, or RM. It's been that way for a few years, now and makes no sense.

Edit: Krebs, I also edited Elneny's overall rating and stamina to be lower than the CMs and he still got the start.
#WeAreND

Last edited by PPerfect_CJ; 10-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #13
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Interesting because last night I tried to play Arsenal as a sit back and play long team, didn't change their formation though and had Ramsey as a deep lying CM (not sure if it was a CDM in the formation) and no Elneny on the pitch. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow with some test Careers to see what the lineups look like by default and what shows up on the pitch, then try to make changes before starting career and see what happens there.

Was it in the first match, when no match ratings would affect lineups or was it later on in the season?
#WeAreND
Old 10-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #14
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Edit: Krebs, I also edited Elneny's overall rating and stamina to be lower than the CMs and he still got the start.
Ugh...that sucks. I'm just trying to live in a fantasy world and enjoy my career mode, haha, but noooooo.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #15
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Ugh...that sucks. I'm just trying to live in a fantasy world and enjoy my career mode, haha, but noooooo.

If they would just open everything up to us like, I dunno, EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME ON THE MARKET, things would be so much better for us Career Mode guys. I mean, we should be able to edit literally anything we want at this point!
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Was it in the first match, when no match ratings would affect lineups or was it later on in the season?
It was first match.

Last year the issue was Pogba didn't play because he was higher rated but didn't play the position that was in the selection. Now it is that the true definition CM isn't getting the nod over a CDM that is higher rated (though you did edit this rating so not sure then why he gets selected over a higher rated player).

Krebs you can still live out your fantasy world in the next transfer window when a lower rated CDM gets more playing time than a higher rated CM for the CM position and the higher rated player demands to be sold!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »