Home

Exhibition vs. Career Mode

This is a discussion on Exhibition vs. Career Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exhibition vs. Career Mode

I play Exhibitions on Legendary and I have awesome, well balanced games. I play Career Mode on Legendary and it's an all out bicycle/volley/banger fest by the CPU and I get thrashed like 6-0. Anyone else having the same problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Exhibition vs. Career Mode

It's called "Scripting'. The ai doesnt use their skills to beat you. In 18 someone created a mod and confirmed their is a bunch of ai-cheating under the hood of fifa's engine.

They should have saved it for a wrestling game, it would at least makes fully sense there^^
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow. Good to know. Was going to ask that but feared getting trolled. So is the realism to drop it down to Pro for Career or to tweek the sliders? I'm also finding this true in Champions League.

Last edited by raneman85; 10-05-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Just give it time. And feel lucky that you can find a challenge in CM. I'm playing on Ultimate difficulty and it's no fun with how easy it is for me. Midway through my first season and I've not been kept to a single clean sheet.

But yes, exhibition always plays a slightly easier game.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Just give it time. And feel lucky that you can find a challenge in CM. I'm playing on Ultimate difficulty and it's no fun with how easy it is for me. Midway through my first season and I've not been kept to a single clean sheet.

But yes, exhibition always plays a slightly easier game.
Lol. it's not a challenge in CM, it's just unenjoyable. I don't mind losing at all but the bicycle kicks and crazy volley goals are definitely over the top and make things very frustrating. Hope they can slightly tune or patch these aspects because other than that, I enjoy the overall game a lot.

That sucks that you are so good at this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Rookie

the best workaround is either to download a mod on PC resolving this 'issue' and then you can even start playing on legendary without fearing the AI will bomb you down with volleys and Goal-of-the-Years in line. It's only applicable to PC and 18 so far.

Another option would be to move down to lower difficulites (pro or WC) and play manual/semi assisted football. The game is getting so easy, coz the only thing you do, is press a button and the CPU does the rest for you. I press Y and the ball is allready on the road to my player.... what skill did it actually require it me to make that pass? absolutely none!

I find it good if they would choose to make f.e. CL games more difficult, but this should be something like +10% reaction to AI-player, +10% defense to AI-players etc. like an extra motivation for the AI. But this is stuff going beyond EA's imagination and way of thinking. too smart stuff for EA
Old 10-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Lol. it's not a challenge in CM, it's just unenjoyable. I don't mind losing at all but the bicycle kicks and crazy volley goals are definitely over the top and make things very frustrating. Hope they can slightly tune or patch these aspects because other than that, I enjoy the overall game a lot.

That sucks that you are so good at this game
Well I'm only above average in multiplayer, so it's not that I'm THAT good. CM is just that easy. (I'll get creamed sometimes playing Legendary in FUT Squad Battles.) Once you get on good form CM though, you're basically invincible.

This was the biggest complaint in the CM beta forum and it looks like nothing got changed, big surprise.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Well I'm only above average in multiplayer, so it's not that I'm THAT good. CM is just that easy. (I'll get creamed sometimes playing Legendary in FUT Squad Battles.) Once you get on good form CM though, you're basically invincible.

This was the biggest complaint in the CM beta forum and it looks like nothing got changed, big surprise.
Preach it! CM is the only mode I really care about and each year I end up rebuilding some dumpy team and crushing the league on Max difficulty with sliders. I'm hoping this year will be different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »