Home

Board Expectations for "Youth Squad Legends" type career ...

This is a discussion on Board Expectations for "Youth Squad Legends" type career ... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Board Expectations for "Youth Squad Legends" type career ...

FIFA19 is my first new FIFA since FIFA16 ... so the whole bit with the board expectations is new to me. Is there any way(s) to ensure that I will not be fired (or be less likely to be fired)?

I understand that there are five "flavors" of demands, and that each of those can have five levels of importance. I am particularly concerned about the "Domestic Success" flavor ... because I am doing a youth squad legends type career mode ... and I am *not* expecting to have a lot of domestic success in the early stages of my career.

Importance can be : Critical, High, Medium, Low, Very Low

But then, within domestic success, the expectations can be : "Win the league", "Fight for promotion", "Finish mid-table", "Avoid relegation", etc.

So, the combination of [ Critical + "Win the league" ] is clearly the most demanding. But what about some of the other combinations ... ones in which the importance is high but the expectations are moderate ... or ones in which the importance is low but the expectations are aggressive? For example ...

[ Low + "Fight for promotion" ]

[ Critical + "Finish mid-table" ]

... which of these combinations could be the "safest" choice for me?

Also - at least in FIFA16 - I used to be able to artificially adjust the board expectation for a team *before* I began the career mode ... because I could adjust the roster (remove many of the higher rated players) before I began the save ... and then, with a now lower-star-rated team, the expectations would (sometimes) come down. I have heard that maybe this work-around is now longer available in later FIFAs ... is that true?

tl:dr ... There is no way that I cam going to win the league in my first season if I want to use only youth academy players ... how can I manage to NOT get fired?

Thanks!

Last edited by SpHSpH; 10-20-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »