Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Dec 2011
Calling up a youth to the senior squad

HI,

I am totally new to Fifa 19. I cant figure out where the screen is to call up a youth in the academy to my senior squad is? They all threaten to leave and just leave, cause i cant find where to do it. Any tips is appreciated.

Second, in MLS, how do you all maintain a positive budget? Soon as my transfer window ups, i use half of my budget and im ALWAYs in red. I dont have this problem in England and the premier leagues but MLS. Any advice?
Slyone14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
MVP
 
Azamien's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montrťal
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
HI,

I am totally new to Fifa 19. I cant figure out where the screen is to call up a youth in the academy to my senior squad is? They all threaten to leave and just leave, cause i cant find where to do it. Any tips is appreciated.

Second, in MLS, how do you all maintain a positive budget? Soon as my transfer window ups, i use half of my budget and im ALWAYs in red. I dont have this problem in England and the premier leagues but MLS. Any advice?
Go to your youth academy and select the player you want to promote and bring up the actions menu. The academy itself is underneath the "Youth Staff" menu. Highlight "Youth Staff" and click to the right with your right stick to switch it.

As for your second question, MLS teams have significantly lower budgets than EPL teams. You have to control your spending much more carefully. There's not much else to it.
__________________
Impact de Montrťal
Tous Pour Gagner
Azamien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Go to your youth academy and select the player you want to promote and bring up the actions menu. The academy itself is underneath the "Youth Staff" menu. Highlight "Youth Staff" and click to the right with your right stick to switch it.

As for your second question, MLS teams have significantly lower budgets than EPL teams. You have to control your spending much more carefully. There's not much else to it.

Okay, thank you Iíll have to look when I get home from work. But, when I click on the youth academy, if I remember right, it only shows my 3 scouts and from there the guys Iím scouted. Once I sign them , they disappear. So. From your instructions Iím missing something.

So I had a 16 million transfer budget as Real salt lake and so when the transfer window opened I used it all and never recovered. So from what your telling me, I think Iíll have to build through youth academy and sign 1 small player.

With Montreal what is your general strategy for transfer budget and youth?

Thank you again
Slyone14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
MVP
 
Azamien's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montrťal
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Okay, thank you Iíll have to look when I get home from work. But, when I click on the youth academy, if I remember right, it only shows my 3 scouts and from there the guys Iím scouted. Once I sign them , they disappear. So. From your instructions Iím missing something.

So I had a 16 million transfer budget as Real salt lake and so when the transfer window opened I used it all and never recovered. So from what your telling me, I think Iíll have to build through youth academy and sign 1 small player.

With Montreal what is your general strategy for transfer budget and youth?

Thank you again
Instead of clicking through the "Youth Staff" section on the menu, use your right stick (d-pad might work, too) to change the menu to "Youth Academy."

It should look like the image below (except my academy is greyed out right now since it's currently empty.)

As for playing as Montreal, I don't very much, really. The league is nearly always out-of-date because of a combination of its expansion vs FIFA's release schedule. And it was even worse this year because of MLS's decision to have an odd number of teams, and FIFA doesn't handle that very well. After year one the schedule is an absolute flustercluck, including whole months off after playing four matches in seven days.

When I do, I just try to spend in the same way a real MLS team does. Low-cost or free transfers mixed with academy products. And if I get a great offer for one of my players, I generally take it. The level of the typical MLS player makes most of them pretty replaceable.
Attached Images
File Type: gif fifa19.gif (152.5 KB, 40 views)
__________________
Impact de Montrťal
Tous Pour Gagner
Azamien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

If you signed a youth player, he should be in your main roster page where you're setting up the team...the issue may be though if they are too young, I don't think they let you call them up (I don't think you can call up a 14 y.o., for example). Older games would let you know when they are available for your squad. I think they should show up in your training menu. I've only signed one player for Palace but I honestly don't recall if he is in the senior squad list or not (haven't played in a few months).
coach422001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 10:44 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Instead of clicking through the "Youth Staff" section on the menu, use your right stick (d-pad might work, too) to change the menu to "Youth Academy."

It should look like the image below (except my academy is greyed out right now since it's currently empty.)

As for playing as Montreal, I don't very much, really. The league is nearly always out-of-date because of a combination of its expansion vs FIFA's release schedule. And it was even worse this year because of MLS's decision to have an odd number of teams, and FIFA doesn't handle that very well. After year one the schedule is an absolute flustercluck, including whole months off after playing four matches in seven days.

When I do, I just try to spend in the same way a real MLS team does. Low-cost or free transfers mixed with academy products. And if I get a great offer for one of my players, I generally take it. The level of the typical MLS player makes most of them pretty replaceable.

Perfect man, thanks. Found it. I really appreciate it
Slyone14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2019
Re: Calling up a youth to the senior squad

we're on the same boat, thanks to this forum solve my issue too..
fifajee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Top -