Home

Can I do anything about all the "non-fouls" the CPU commits on me?

This is a discussion on Can I do anything about all the "non-fouls" the CPU commits on me? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Can I do anything about all the "non-fouls" the CPU commits on me?

I am getting really annoyed at the way the CPU is allowed to play defense in this game ... I feel like they are constantly running over my players, or knocking them off their path to the ball, or pushing me out of the way for headers ... all of this. I can physically feel the vibration in my controller (the "added feature" to enhance the immersion when contact occurs). I can go three consecutive matches (and I play 15-min per half) where the CPU will not be whistled for any fouls at all ... despite having 20+ tackles in each match.

I could be cynical and say "FIFA cheats" ... but I am willing to entertain that, maybe, the game is not actually rigged against me ... maybe there is something that I am doing wrong that the game registers (somehow) and permits all of this contact to continue.

So my question is, instead, what recommendations about my game play (managing the sticks and mashing the buttons) should I consider? More sprint / less sprint? More or less skill moves? Hold LT or rapid-tap LT? Pulse the L-stick or hold it in the direction I am trying to move? Is there something I can do when receiving a pass (this is especially annoying when my ST receives a pass with his back to goal at the top of the box and then is promptly smashed ... no foul)?

I am willing to work to get better ... but I have absolutely no idea what to work on ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Can I do anything about all the "non-fouls" the CPU commits on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I am getting really annoyed at the way the CPU is allowed to play defense in this game ... I feel like they are constantly running over my players, or knocking them off their path to the ball, or pushing me out of the way for headers ... all of this. I can physically feel the vibration in my controller (the "added feature" to enhance the immersion when contact occurs). I can go three consecutive matches (and I play 15-min per half) where the CPU will not be whistled for any fouls at all ... despite having 20+ tackles in each match.

I could be cynical and say "FIFA cheats" ... but I am willing to entertain that, maybe, the game is not actually rigged against me ... maybe there is something that I am doing wrong that the game registers (somehow) and permits all of this contact to continue.

So my question is, instead, what recommendations about my game play (managing the sticks and mashing the buttons) should I consider? More sprint / less sprint? More or less skill moves? Hold LT or rapid-tap LT? Pulse the L-stick or hold it in the direction I am trying to move? Is there something I can do when receiving a pass (this is especially annoying when my ST receives a pass with his back to goal at the top of the box and then is promptly smashed ... no foul)?

I am willing to work to get better ... but I have absolutely no idea what to work on ...
Liverpoolred had some tips in his thread and elsewhere as the foul question has come up a number of times. May be easier to PM him for his thoughts. He had suggested things I think like shielding the ball, feint moves, and deceleration/acceleration (that has worked occasionally for me but not as much as I'd like).

Maybe it will change in 20 but I never expect it to as fouls have never been close to accurate and I've just learned to deal with it. Not just in 19 but for most of the iterations the last decade.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0

You guys got me curious.

* Is this about tackles being "too accurate" to avoid fouling?; or

* Is this about tackles that actually foul not counting as fouls?; or yet...

* Is this about a suspicion that the AI is covered by the ref? - I don't think this is the case. I think the AI just has an easier time pressuring accurately, basically like it can still use legacy defending. So, I'm guessing the discussion is between the two possibilities above.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
You guys got me curious.

* Is this about tackles being "too accurate" to avoid fouling?; or

* Is this about tackles that actually foul not counting as fouls?; or yet...

* Is this about a suspicion that the AI is covered by the ref? - I don't think this is the case. I think the AI just has an easier time pressuring accurately, basically like it can still use legacy defending. So, I'm guessing the discussion is between the two possibilities above.
Fouls haven't been a real part of Fifa for a long time. my understanding was that the designers felt that users didn't want the flow of the game interrupted by too many fouls. I think it is a coding setting where fouls by the CPU are mostly ignored and/or the coding is such the CPU may make more perfectly timed tackles. I tend to believe the former. There are clearly tackles that appear they should be fouls (I tend not to go to replays especially after seeing the brew-hah-hah that goes on in The Show forum about the ball appearing to go through the bat on replay). However, it is rarely called on the CPU. You can get more fouls getting your body between ball and man and timed right; a number of fouls also are advantages so not called. And you can definitely foul the CPU. That's my take on it.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is a grey area between contact and fouls in the game. It can be frustrating when it appears that the defender literally and physically knocks your guy off the ball and no foul is called. Sometimes the defender can even knock your guy down without making any contact with the ball and yet no foul is called. If that is not a foul, I don't know what is. Maybe the offensive player is intentionally diving and failing to get the call? Who knows?

On the other side, I've found that sometimes you can similarly foul the CPU and get away with it too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »