Home

FIFA 20 Career Mode Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Career Mode Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #17
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 20 Career Mode Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Last part of the puzzle is to get consistent gameplay. It was so frustrating to have my players out of nowhere move like they had an infinite speed boost or suddenly go dumb and forget how to make a simple back pass regardless of ratings. I played a ton of 19 and that was a game that at its' best could be described as all over the place.

Getting correct youth ethnicity is something that i'm really excited about though. I wanted to start a J or K league CM for some variety but getting YA propsects that looked like he was from Sweden with the name Kubo Yamamoto was so immersion breaking.

I'm in for FIFA 20. Hopefully everything comes together so we can get some fun and positive threads going.
Yeah it was cool a few years back when they tweaked the database names so they at least sounded like they were from the country you scouted but some variety in ethnicities is a welcome addition.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to these new Career Mode changes. On the one hand they are all very good and if they are not bugged and work properly (something you always need to consider with an EA Sports title) will add a new wrinkle to Career Mode and will make it more playable for an entire year. The addition of dynamic potential is particularly exciting because in previous FIFA's it really drains the long-term play-ability of the games knowing that players always reach their potential which also results in a more arcade style game around the 4-5th season where every player in the top divisions have OVR's in the 80's. I welcome the media additions and customizable managers as well because it will make managing the club more difficult, and its annoying when two managers that look the exact same and shake hands after a game.

All that being said there are still a lot of features that need to be integrated into the game. Youth Academy, training, scouting, and managers game tactics all need to be desperately updated. Also I've bought every game since FIFA 13 and the Career Mode has barely changed. I feel reluctant to give praise for one game with actual improvements. If nothing changes in the next 2-3 FIFA's this all means nothing. Career Mode needs to be addressed in each FIFA moving forward. Also adding a new league or broadcast style for a particular league is not a Career Mode feature. It appears in other game modes. Finally its possible the new press conferences will become greatly repetitive like the transfer cut scenes from the past two FIFA's.

Overall I'm optimistic, but not 100% sold the new features will greatly improve the game.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini_Boy18
I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to these new Career Mode changes. On the one hand they are all very good and if they are not bugged and work properly (something you always need to consider with an EA Sports title) will add a new wrinkle to Career Mode and will make it more playable for an entire year. The addition of dynamic potential is particularly exciting because in previous FIFA's it really drains the long-term play-ability of the games knowing that players always reach their potential which also results in a more arcade style game around the 4-5th season where every player in the top divisions have OVR's in the 80's. I welcome the media additions and customizable managers as well because it will make managing the club more difficult, and its annoying when two managers that look the exact same and shake hands after a game.

All that being said there are still a lot of features that need to be integrated into the game. Youth Academy, training, scouting, and managers game tactics all need to be desperately updated. Also I've bought every game since FIFA 13 and the Career Mode has barely changed. I feel reluctant to give praise for one game with actual improvements. If nothing changes in the next 2-3 FIFA's this all means nothing. Career Mode needs to be addressed in each FIFA moving forward. Also adding a new league or broadcast style for a particular league is not a Career Mode feature. It appears in other game modes. Finally its possible the new press conferences will become greatly repetitive like the transfer cut scenes from the past two FIFA's.

Overall I'm optimistic, but not 100% sold the new features will greatly improve the game.

I get what you’re saying. It’s frustrating this level isn’t consistent every year.

If it was we’d be in realltgood shape. I still wish there was a better approach for training scouting and youth dev.

That said, I’m still excited for these features. He bar is so low that this type of attention gets me fired up!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #20
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I wanted more, but man this is the most they've added to career mode in about years. I'll take it for now if it actually works as intended. Really hope the variable potential is a thing that works correctly.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #21
Just started!

Whoever complain about this career mode ....you should go play Madden's career mode*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #22
Rookie

JHG90's Arena

Quote:
?
Correcting the CPU line-up logic is huge. I'm so sick of having to use two controllers to change their lineup before each match. But.. I'm sceptical of the wording in the pitch notes - "you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches". What constitutes an important match for them?

Eg. If I'm 6th in the PL table with a newly promoted Preston side halfway through the season and come up against City, will they still rest half their best XI because my club lacks reputation despite my ladder position?*

Old 08-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #23
Rookie

BlitzkriegBlueLondon's Arena

Very good additions but not enough to make me want to spend money on the game again. FIFA and EA have to come a long way to earn my trust again. I'm happy for the community, especially this one, which will enjoy the changes a lot, I bet.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:12 AM   #24
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

yoooooooo we got increased saved slots! Where can i pre-order?

For real though this stuff looks good. I'm not a MUT guy but i read through their blog and they did a ton to that mode this year. I assumed between that and Volta that we would get left out again, but this is some good stuff. Player morale is one of those things that, if implemented correctly, could really make career feel dynamic and interesting. Same with dynamic potential. It will finally be worth it to play YA kids instead of letting them sit and grow on their own. It seems that something has changed in general with Fifa this cycle where they're going big in all of their modes and it's incredible to see. Obviously need to see the final product, but for the first time in years it seems like they're putting the effort into the game that we desire and if they keep on this track then career mode in 2 more years could be epic. Very please with this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »