Home

Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only.

This is a discussion on Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only.

I agree with your last point of high pressure all game but your gonna get amazing through ball's when a player is 89+ rated. In other words the issue isn't the passing or shooting in pro clubs the issue is that everyone is running around with their version of a Messi or Ronaldo. The player ovr ceiling needs to drop or they need to slow the game down significantly to make it feel more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
The solution is to make it manual for online competitive play and leave the option for assisted or manual for offline play. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
100% agree

Make H2H about skill and reward those folks that truly have skills and don't want to rely on super assisted controls (I don't have a problem with assisted controls offline, it's your game, play it how you want) to take advantage of the AI.

Manual vs Assisted has nothing to do with the actual gameplay or with how the sport of soccer is tactically played.

Your skill should be seen in your tactics and formations not on whether or not you can make a through ball.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrensik
Manual vs Assisted has nothing to do with the actual gameplay or with how the sport of soccer is tactically played.

Your skill should be seen in your tactics and formations not on whether or not you can make a through ball.

Agreed and by “skills” in my post I didn’t mean skill moves, more so picking the right pass (risky/conservative/etc...) and having the “skill” to aim in the right direction and put the correct amount of power on it. Same goes for shooting. Knowing the strengths & weaknesses of your players, how to get the best out of them (formations/tactics/instruction) is what I consider skill.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #12

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Do people online generally play fully or semi assisted passing? Fully assisted is a joke and should not even be in the game. Like it's offensive bad and it annoys me that people might play on that and think they have some kind of talent.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:43 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Aiming passes and shots have nothing to do with the sport? What nonsense!

Assisted fifa (and pes for that matter) look nothing like the real sport because players can ping pong pass everywhere and score so easily and are able to abuse finesse shots, lob through balls, near post shots, and whatever else assisted exploit exists that year.

Plus assisted limits where your passes are able to go which limits the patterns of play, hence why you see "go-to" patterns of play develop and be exploited every year. On manual the ball is truly free

Quote:
Why not both

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Do people online generally play fully or semi assisted passing? Fully assisted is a joke and should not even be in the game. Like it's offensive bad and it annoys me that people might play on that and think they have some kind of talent.
The vast vast vast majority play on fully assisted. It is the default scheme after all.

It should be outright removed from online play, I agree. People could handle semi-passing as the default.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:29 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Agreed and by “skills” in my post I didn’t mean skill moves, more so picking the right pass (risky/conservative/etc...) and having the “skill” to aim in the right direction and put the correct amount of power on it. Same goes for shooting. Knowing the strengths & weaknesses of your players, how to get the best out of them (formations/tactics/instruction) is what I consider skill.

Well skill moves actually require ”skill” to do them correctly at the correct times and angles. Aiming a pass or shot is having mechanical skill. This is a sports sim game (somewhat sim) not a fps game mechanics should not dictate who's better. Schemes and knowledge of the sport should win you games not who can aim better.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonlarjj
Aiming passes and shots have nothing to do with the sport? What nonsense!

Assisted fifa (and pes for that matter) look nothing like the real sport because players can ping pong pass everywhere and score so easily and are able to abuse finesse shots, lob through balls, near post shots, and whatever else assisted exploit exists that year.

Plus assisted limits where your passes are able to go which limits the patterns of play, hence why you see "go-to" patterns of play develop and be exploited every year. On manual the ball is truly free

Well it's not like the other person is more assisted then you lol therefore aiming has nothing to do with skill in a sports game.

I don't play FUT (because it's pay to win and I don't have the money or time to grind) but I play seasons and I finished the year with a 3:1 win ratio (It honestly could've been better if I didn't mess around) and I don't recall losing or winning a game because of aim. Games are won with tactics and schemes. This is a sports game not a FPS shooter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
I don't recall losing or winning a game because of aim.
That's because you play on assisted and assisted essentially doesn't require aim lol.

Which means you got 5 year old newbies being as competent in their pass and shot accuracy as hardcore veterans of the game. Who needs a skill gap right?

It's a different story on manual, and even semi-assisted, though to a lesser extent

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »