Home

Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only.

This is a discussion on Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0
Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only.

This would make FIFA a much better game. Part of what makes fifa terrible, specifically pro clubs are the assisted dime lobbed through balls the the AI defenders simply get beat by too much. Even the assisted through balls on the ground are a OP and delivered with great accuracy every time. Make these manual only, increase the skill gap. Maybe some mid field play will actually develop instead of these lead passes down the side.

Let players use assisted for shooting and regular passing

I also think removing second wind from the game would be fantastic. This high pressure all game long with no penalty non sense is another detracting feature of this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Assisted through balls/lobbed throughballs/crosses need to be manual only.

I don't play enough despite all my posts to get that good at the game, nor do I have the time between life and other recreational activities. I like having the option to assist or manual what I'd like to make the game more enjoyable for me and I'm sure others feel the same way. I don't play pro clubs so I can't speak to the issues there, but since the setting options are used across all the game modes I always prefer giving the user as many options to optimize the game for their own fun.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:30 AM   #3
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I don't play enough despite all my posts to get that good at the game, nor do I have the time between life and other recreational activities. I like having the option to assist or manual what I'd like to make the game more enjoyable for me and I'm sure others feel the same way. I don't play pro clubs so I can't speak to the issues there, but since the setting options are used across all the game modes I always prefer giving the user as many options to optimize the game for their own fun.
This. I'm an offline player and do so when I'm putting my feet up. I don't want to play a complicated game, i just want to enjoy putting a couple of goals past the opposition during some downtime.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
Rookie

The solution is to make it manual for online competitive play and leave the option for assisted or manual for offline play. Problem solved.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
The solution is to make it manual for online competitive play and leave the option for assisted or manual for offline play. Problem solved.
100% agree

Make H2H about skill and reward those folks that truly have skills and don't want to rely on super assisted controls (I don't have a problem with assisted controls offline, it's your game, play it how you want) to take advantage of the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #6
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
100% agree

Make H2H about skill and reward those folks that truly have skills and don't want to rely on super assisted controls (I don't have a problem with assisted controls offline, it's your game, play it how you want) to take advantage of the AI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
Yes. I should’ve been more clear that I meant only online play

Isn’t this exactly what they do for defense? Crazy how they make you defend manually online but attacking can be assisted to the max

Last edited by fightingirish595; 08-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Majority of playerbase would depise manual controls and would be incapable of playing a through ball/cross. I'm a full manual player but I don't think it should be the default. I mostly just think they need to remove the absurd amount of assistance as the default settings. Assisted should not be available in online play. Somewhere around semi-assisted is a more balanced level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
Yes. I should’ve been more clear that I meant only online play

Isn’t this exactly what they do for defense? Crazy how they make you defend manually online but attacking can be assisted to the max
Defense is assisted in it's own way: Contain mechanic, OP interceptions, OP shoulder barging, OP defending response times compared to attackers when passes are made, etc.

The sad thing is that this is all implemented because of the highly assisted attacking controls as EA need the defending side of the game to be able to match to ridiculous laser-guided elements of attack, which creates a vicious, gameplay-stifling circle.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:09 PM   #8

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I might actually watch competive FIFA if it was all manual. Of course if they did that those esports guys would have to blame themselves and not the game when they lose, so that'll never happen lol.

And FUT is all about getting as many people playing/paying as possible, so that'll never happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »