Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Well after 1 game I must say I'm more impressed with the trial than I ever was with the demo; demo felt just like fifa 19, trial felt completely different. I may have to reconsider on my initial thought of skipping this year's version. Even though it was a very small sample, after my 3 night's of work I will give it a good run through Sunday, but it does look very promising and as I said before a lot more promising than the demo ever gave me.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #10
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

My first takeaway is they actually have black youth players if you scout in South Africa.....but half are still white, lol.

I'm not sure who's in charge of coding for the menu screens, but he/she should be fired. When the game adds in all these new "messages," you DON'T TAKE OUT the button that takes you directly to the messages. It's the most annoying thing in the world.

Speaking of messages, it's the most rediculous addition to the game. It also seems half baked. You can't delete any of them, so after a month or two of playing in a season, you have 15 messages that go no where.

It probably took them two weeks out of the development cycle to do it, and it really feels like it wasn't very well thought out from a usability standpoint.

I get why they added it though. The press conferences deal with "team morale," and the messages deal with individual player morale, but it still feels half done and ends up being annoying to deal with.

Just like every year, I really wish they would have done a youth system overhaul. Sadly we get annoying messages from a 53 rated reserve complaining he's not playing more than a 63ovr starter.

There's always next year
Old 09-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I played at lunch and i feel extremely optimistic about FIFA 20. Gameplay feels organic and unpredictable. Also the pace is significantly slower and more realistic as any soccer game I’ve played. And I’ve played them all... so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #12
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Played 2 15 minute halves of a "Kick Off" mode game on WC with all assists on and Legacy Defending. There is a lot to be optimistic about with FIFA 20, but a lot of the "issues" are still there.

I was Arsenal against Newcastle and wow. Newcastle was horrific. 70% passing looking to counter and play long ball and they were clearly outclassed. I led 3-0 at halftime. Yes things can change in the second half, but I wanted to see how Arsenal would do against a tougher opponent.

Next game was at Etihad against City. What a difference. 87% passing and MC was clearly a better outfit with more skill everywhere. Even with assisted passing it was difficult to maintain possession because unlike Newcastle, City pressed all over the place. They even had a couple of yellow cards. I was down 4-0 at half. I decided to stop there thinking about how I would tactically deal with that next time.

Fast forward 3 hours later and I decide to start an Arsenal career mode. I skipped the pre-season tournaments and went straight to the press conference. Post press conference my team morale is happy.

First game is against Newcastle. Same settings. I'm down 3-0 at the half. 4 shots hit the post, Torreira missed one wide open from inside the 6yd box where the goalie was outside of the posts and the game resembled nothing like the Kick Off mode. Clearly the Career Mode garbage that has been in FIFA for years still exists. No fouls either.

I would say there is a fair amount to like about the game, but a lot of the same cheese still exists. It's the same feeling of kind of knowing when you're going to give up a goal and just thinking, "it would be great if they just..." There's probably a good game here, but I'm not going down the slider rabbit hole and then having everything re-adjusted every time a patch comes out to appease FUT kids.

If anything I'll probably do what I've done the last three years and wait until it's half price at the most.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
My first takeaway is they actually have black youth players if you scout in South Africa.....but half are still white, lol.

I'm not sure who's in charge of coding for the menu screens, but he/she should be fired. When the game adds in all these new "messages," you DON'T TAKE OUT the button that takes you directly to the messages. It's the most annoying thing in the world.

Speaking of messages, it's the most rediculous addition to the game. It also seems half baked. You can't delete any of them, so after a month or two of playing in a season, you have 15 messages that go no where.

It probably took them two weeks out of the development cycle to do it, and it really feels like it wasn't very well thought out from a usability standpoint.

I get why they added it though. The press conferences deal with "team morale," and the messages deal with individual player morale, but it still feels half done and ends up being annoying to deal with.

Just like every year, I really wish they would have done a youth system overhaul. Sadly we get annoying messages from a 53 rated reserve complaining he's not playing more than a 63ovr starter.

There's always next year
My brain and muscle memory are programmed to hit triangle when I see a message in my inbox. Super annoyed that they took that out lol
Old 09-19-2019, 08:50 PM   #14
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
My brain and muscle memory are programmed to hit triangle when I see a message in my inbox. Super annoyed that they took that out lol

Why would they take that out? That has to be a mistake that will be fixed in the day one patch, surely.

EDIT: I downloaded the trial. I get it now. Dumb move on their part.

Last edited by Zac; 09-20-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tried naming my player John Bercow, and apparently John is profane lmao.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 12:10 AM   #16
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

I mainly sim my first season while I accumulate youth players. I'm using Salford or whatever the new League 2 team is.

After one season, I'm about as annoyed as I've ever been playing career mode.

I got promoted to league one via the playoff, and what do you think my job security score was? 70? 60?......I wish...it was 49, and I met EVERY EXPECTATION the board had.

Here's what happened: I got tired of dealing with all these player messages, so I ignored them. The board started saying ,"your locker room is falling apart. Agents are complaining."

That was after I BEAT Chelsea in the FA Cup! The players that were complaining, (this part really irked me,) were players that had singed a contract to play for a different team the next year. They were sending endless messages about minutes! Lmao! Seriously? They are leaving, how does the board penalize me for not playing them, or addressing their bickering in a message?

This may be one of my shortest years playing FIFA in over a decade. Heck, it may be the first time since the late 1990's I don't even buy the game. The yearly purchase has become second nature, but they went in a really funny direction.

I was so happy when they fixed getting fired by boards with itchy trigger fingers, but what they have done, is brought that back X's 1000 with the new messages. I got promoted, but because players leaving were sending me messages about play time, I end up with a 49 job score.....and that's with meeting all other expectations they laid out!

Hopefully this can be patched. The sad part, is the game play is really enjoyable this year so far. But, ea has to do something nobody wanted. It wouldn't be an EA game if that didn't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »