Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:26 PM   #49
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Back to my gripes about the career mode changes.

The more I've played and had to deal with the morale issues, one major set of flaws has come up.

I coach one of the better high school programs where I live, and the biggest part of my job isn't tactics, it's talking to my players. Asking them how things are going off the pitch, letting them know they had a bad game, but it's okay, because we will work it out in the film room and at practice. In real life there's a way to constantly prop up a down player, etc etc.

What bugs me about the new morale system, is there isn't a way to do that. If you look at the smiley face near a player they can be upset, but you can't approach the player until they send u a message. There's a huge gap in the logic. And when one of the orange or red faced players does send a message, if u ignore it, there's no way to recover from it.

If they are going this route, they need to have a system where a coach can check in with any player at anytime. Just like you can negotiate contracts, you should be able to send players messages to keep them going, not wait for the bottom to drop out and have your board take your score from a 75, to a 49 because players aren't happy.

The changes, as I've mentioned, weren't well thought out or implemented. Based on the way EA deals with "new changes," they tend to put them in and not make any improvements. Training and the scouting system come to mind. This is another "system," they have added, and more than likely the only future changes to it, will be hyped next July or August as ,"200 new senarios and dialogue choices," but nothing happens to implementation or logic.

I will also admit, it's very difficult to gauge this fully with only 10 hours of play time. I feel rushed every year, lol. But from what I've experienced, I will have to come up with ways to "deal with," the changes, instead of enjoy the changes.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #50
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Is everyone also posting their concerns and bugs/glitches on the official EA FIFA forums as well? I can't say if it will make a difference or not but I'm guessing making noise in an more official place helps the cause as well. Right now everyone's voices are split between different social media spaces. Sure there are probably EA folks glancing around the internet here and there but it's easier to dismiss single voices this way.

At the very least getting the entire FIFA community to also post their concerns in a single place couldn't hurt. It's not like you have to retype your thoughts just copy and past into the EA forums. To bad some of these game changers and popular streamers can't/won't lead the charge so we can make some real noise.

Basically make sure you post on the EA forums as well.
I’ve posted about the lineups and the edit player bug. The problem with the bug forum is that everyone posts their own stuff instead of looking to see if the topic has already been mentioned. Then, it all just gets convoluted with a million different posts about the same thing and doesn’t get the number of “likes” or “me toos” to get the subject ranked high enough to get noticed.
#WeAreND
Old 09-20-2019, 08:59 PM   #51
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Lol you know damn well I’m scared of that damn game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have every right to be scared lol, I haven't had a chance to play it in years but you have to at least try it once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 11:04 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Playing in League mode for now and when I played Arsenal, they had Nwakali and Saka upfront, Auba coming on in second half and Lacazette in the 85th. What rubbish. The gameplay on slow though is fine. I use an edited locale btw.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:50 PM   #53
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Career mode is just broken I see. Playing as Liverpool on Pro. City in the Community shield, 5-1 win. First PL game against Norwich at home, 0-2 loss. Chelsea in the Super cup, 5-1 win. Southampton away in the PL, 3-0 loss. Arsenal at home, 7-0 win. Burnley away, 4-0 loss. WTF is wrong with this games AI. Why is it yo-yo-ing between games like this. Its swinging from super easy, to you can't win no matter what you do because this is scripted and everything is going to go wrong for you. Its nonsense. I can't play this anymore.

There is no consistency between matches in difficulty or AI behavior. Let alone the ball physics still have the laser target lock crap in this mode where everything perfectly goes to the CPU team. And I've had all I can take of the errant passes for no reason. Two players 5 yards apart facing each other. No pressure at all. Tap the button, and its a wild pass the other player has to chase down which seems to be guided to an on rushing defender all the sudden who takes control. Its so infuriating.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:30 AM   #54
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Career mode is just broken I see. Playing as Liverpool on Pro. City in the Community shield, 5-1 win. First PL game against Norwich at home, 0-2 loss. Chelsea in the Super cup, 5-1 win. Southampton away in the PL, 3-0 loss. Arsenal at home, 7-0 win. Burnley away, 4-0 loss. WTF is wrong with this games AI. Why is it yo-yo-ing between games like this. Its swinging from super easy, to you can't win no matter what you do because this is scripted and everything is going to go wrong for you. Its nonsense. I can't play this anymore.

There is no consistency between matches in difficulty or AI behavior. Let alone the ball physics still have the laser target lock crap in this mode where everything perfectly goes to the CPU team. And I've had all I can take of the errant passes for no reason. Two players 5 yards apart facing each other. No pressure at all. Tap the button, and its a wild pass the other player has to chase down which seems to be guided to an on rushing defender all the sudden who takes control. Its so infuriating.
I've often wondered if the "scripting," happens because of FUT? If I were a money hungry corporation I would script games so people would think, "these players aren't cutting it anymore. Time to go buy some packs!"

I have only played FUT a handful of times years ago. I never got into it and refused to purchase digital goods that were tied to "odds of getting something good."

But, if you want to sell more packs, you could "script," to give the impression of needing better players.

Ok. Tinfoil hat is off now, lol.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #55
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Holy crap, I LOVE Volta. Didn't expect that, lol. Reminds me of Speedball II from back in the amiga days. I haven't bought Fifa in a decade, but I might to cop this..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #56
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Lol you know damn well I’m scared of that damn game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha...FM is not a game. It's a job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »