Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

This is my first time Fifa since 16 or 17 - and I'd love it if it wasn't for the awful CPU defending and positioning. But it's so bad it takes away all the fun for me.

In situations such as in the video sequences below the CPU defenders constantly choose to run behind my attackers and follow them instead of cutting them off or challenging them for the ball.

Instead of quite comfortably stopping my straight run towards the goal they have absolutely zero chance to get near me or the ball.

Here's some video. This three situations alone happened in the first 20 minutes of a game (HUM vs. CPU) on World Class difficulty:

Hope this gets patched.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonsoe

This is my first time Fifa since 16 or 17 - and I'd love it if it wasn't for the awful CPU defending and positioning. But it's so bad it takes away all the fun for me.

In situations such as in the video sequences below the CPU defenders constantly choose to run behind my attackers and follow them instead of cutting them off or challenging them for the ball.

Instead of quite comfortably stopping my straight run towards the goal they have absolutely zero chance to get near me or the ball.

Here's some video. This three situations alone happened in the first 20 minutes of a game (HUM vs. CPU) on World Class difficulty:

Hope this gets patched.
I would be surprised if this gets patched. It is a legacy issue stemming to FIFA15. It's been coined the DAA Defensive Angle Animation on the sliders thread, for multiple years. It may be even more noticeable now because of all the other issues 20 currently has.

This was not on the prepatch beta, but as soon as they patched it, this is the first thing I noticed, which indicated a whole host of other issues.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #59
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Career mode is just broken I see. Playing as Liverpool on Pro. City in the Community shield, 5-1 win. First PL game against Norwich at home, 0-2 loss. Chelsea in the Super cup, 5-1 win. Southampton away in the PL, 3-0 loss. Arsenal at home, 7-0 win. Burnley away, 4-0 loss. WTF is wrong with this games AI. Why is it yo-yo-ing between games like this. Its swinging from super easy, to you can't win no matter what you do because this is scripted and everything is going to go wrong for you. Its nonsense. I can't play this anymore.

There is no consistency between matches in difficulty or AI behavior. Let alone the ball physics still have the laser target lock crap in this mode where everything perfectly goes to the CPU team. And I've had all I can take of the errant passes for no reason. Two players 5 yards apart facing each other. No pressure at all. Tap the button, and its a wild pass the other player has to chase down which seems to be guided to an on rushing defender all the sudden who takes control. Its so infuriating.
I'll tell you this...in my first test CM for the OS Review Norwich walked the league. Led WIRE-TO-WIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
You have every right to be scared lol, I haven't had a chance to play it in years but you have to at least try it once.
LOL...I was in the market for a new laptop for my oldest kid and I made SURE to get a Chromebook that isn't capable of running FM lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Ha...FM is not a game. It's a job!

LOL. I know right Jack. I already have 2 jobs and a family. I barely have enough time as is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Holy crap, I LOVE Volta. Didn't expect that, lol. Reminds me of Speedball II from back in the amiga days. I haven't bought Fifa in a decade, but I might to cop this..
100% honesty here...I was a little upset they added more modes like this before an online co-op Career Mode but I found myself having that "1 more match feeling" with Volta.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #60
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I gotta say, the Bundesliga package is really impressive. It will be fun playing through a season with Köln this year.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #61
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

I had some hope but after watching this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo4V77Tk2TA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 6

I originally posted the game felt boring.

So maybe it was the slower speed this year. put the speed on fast and it's not the speed. It's the controls - they are so sluggish.

I dont know if this game is meant for the offline player. Online players / FUT Online to be more specific, reading their comments they're saying the game requires more skill online. that you can really tell the difference now online between good vs not as good players.

that's fine and dandy but how does that help offline? I dont know if the patch can help some of the sluggishness of the controls.

I went back to 19 and really liked how it felt control wise. maybe too fast but i sort of like it like that.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #63
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Haven't tried FUT yet but this is the worst FIFA single player I can remember. They promised us an improved CM, but just about everything is broken. Meanwhile the gameplay is an inconsistent mess with some of the worst defensive AI possible.

This game feels like a build that should be six months away from release.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:20 PM   #64
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I honestly thought after playing EA games for 20+ years I had seen it all.

I was just terminated from my manager position......for offering a player too much money.

18 year old (youth squad product,) CF Has Potential To be Special, 69ovr. He was getting paid 4k a week, I offered him 10k a week, plus a 50k signing bonus.

As soon as the cut scene was over, a message popped up saying I was terminated, because his salary was way more than other players on the team, LMAO!

Im in shock. Total shock.

If this isn't an example of why FIFA needs owner mode, I don't know what is, or turn firings off.

Happen to anyone else?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »